Chapter 16 - Out Of My Mind

TW// Mentions of stalking and probably the beginning of a very beautiful made angst story.

Hey Cassie, are you awake?

Yes, I saw the message. I knew that he knew I saw the message, but what he didn't know was I didn't know either. I didn't know if I even wanted to answer. Sure, I said we could be friends, but would that even be right. How could we even go back to the way things were?

It would never be the same. I wasn't giving him the time of day, or the chance to make things right. Maybe it was my fault that we drifted apart in the first place, but was it really. It was a joke. A joke taken too far in his eyes. My mother always told me that I took jokes too far, and apparently I've learned that now.

Yes, I had feelings for Wilbur, but was I gonna admit that? No. Why? I wasn't going to admit I had feelings because I didn't want to get hurt. I didn't want to get hurt like every other time before. It always happens. It never fails. I find the perfect guy and they turn out to be some idiot who just lies and cheats. Who's to say Wilbur isn't the same.

Deep inside I knew he was different in some way, but I wouldn't let it change my mind. I don't think I can handle another hurt. It was already a burden. One of my exes has been trying to track me down and that's the reason I'm here. Even if Will was different, I don't want him to get hurt because of me.

I couldn't get him out of my head no matter how hard I tried. It got to the point where I would watch all his live streams and listen to his music all day and night. I think about all the things Will and I could be doing together, but I refused to change my mind.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to him. I guess I am in love with him, but what good would that do me. He probably hates me now. Maybe, not hate me, but he's probably going to distance himself.

It's a simple question and I was overthinking it.

Lonely Boy 😔✋🏾

Yes
I can't sleep

I hope you're okay

I'm fine

Cassie, can I confess something?
I already know what you're gonna say, but I want a valid answer and reasoning and I feel like I'm not getting one.

I take a deep breath in and mentally prepare myself. Of course, I knew what he was gonna ask, but he's right. I wasn't giving him a valid answer or reason. I wouldn't even answer. He at least deserves a reason why.

Cassie?
You still there?

Yes, go ahead

I'm in love with you
I know you said that you don't have feelings, but I feel like you're not being completely truthful with me and I just want to know why.
I can't get you out of my head no matter how hard I try and it hurts knowing that you don't feel the same.
I'm fighting my mind and I feel like I'm losing my sanity.
Everything reminds me of you.
Cassie, I love you and I don't think I can ever stop.

Will, I do have feelings for you

Then, why?
Why did you lie to me?

I don't want you to get hurt!
I don't want to get hurt, Will!

I won't hurt you.
Cassie, I promise you I'd never hurt you.
I won't and no one else will.
I won't give myself the chance or anyone else.
I will always be honest with you.

You sound just like all the others.
They promise I'm gonna be okay.
They promise they'll never hurt me.
Once they got what they wanted they left.
They weren't happy with me anymore.
It's always the same.
What makes you any different.

Cassie, if I wanted to hurt you I could have done it while you were intoxicated at the party or any other time that we meet.
Cassie, I care a lot more than you think and I know that you are in doubt and I probably sound like any other guy you've ever dated, but if you'd just give me a chance, Cassie, I promise you, I promise to everything in my life that I would never hurt you.

I don't want you to get hurt.

Cassie, nothing is going to happen to me.

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!!

Cassie, calm down.
It's okay.

I don't want to lose you.

I don't want to lose you either.
Please, Cassie.
Do you want to call?

I put down my phone, but quickly pick it back up. Then I press dial.

It was going to be a long night.

{Created: July 7, 2022, at 4:35 pm}

[Published: July 7, 2022, at 6:03 pm]

Word Count: 833 Words