Chapter 19 - Grief

Two weeks have passed since Cassie's death and the world continued on as if she meant nothing. I sat and watched as people moved on. Every night I go home and think about her. I didn't even get to know her. I wish I have at least gotten that. To know the girl I fell madly in love with just to watch her die in my arms, not even knowing who she really was.

I drank until I passed out some nights and other nights I would just go into a rage. I didn't know how to handle myself anymore. I was slowly losing my sanity. It kept replaying like a scene from a movie in my head.

One minute she was fine and just like that...gone.

Gremlin Child

Accept          [Decline]

I didn't want to talk to him or anyone. I haven't even streamed since that day. I haven't gone in that room. I haven't gone to the office or even gone to band practice. I go to turn on some music picking a random playlist. Nothing that I've already heard.

A Thousand Years
Christina Perri

The day we met
Frozen, I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I'd found a home for my heart

Memories flood back of when I can first remember meeting her. The grocers. Her hair falling in her eye. Her dimples. Her smile itself lit up the whole room. I knew instantly that I was deeply in love with her.

Beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall

She was scared. She was scared to love me. She didn't want to be hurt.

You sound just like all the others.
They promise I'm gonna be okay.
They promise they'll never hurt me.
Once they got what they wanted they left.
They weren't happy with me anymore.
It's always the same.
What makes you any different.

She was afraid to be hurt again because she knew it was her time and she just wanted to be happy.

One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

I loved Cassie. I wish I could have spent a thousand more years with her, or at least gone with her, but I'm stuck. I'm stuck here with my heart being filled with hatred. Filled with her memories. Filled with fantasies. Filled with deep infatuation for something I couldn't have.

I couldn't take it anymore. I turned off the song and went straight to the fridge, where I grabbed a bottle of vodka. I opened it and drank from it completely gulping it's contents. Once I finished it all I threw the bottle in the trash.

There was a knock on the door about fifteen later. I didn't know why someone would be knocking at my door in the middle of the night, but here they were. I opened the door and Tommy barges in along with Phil and Niki.

"What the fuck!" I yell. "You can't just barge in my fucking house."

"We just did," Tommy put out.

I walk up to him completely infuriated, "Leave. All of you leave. I'm perfectly fine. I don't need any of your fucking help."

"Will, you're drunk," Niki states, she put her hand up and she was holding the empty bottle of vodka I just chugged down. "You're not in your right mind to help yourself."

"Stop," I yell. "Leave. I don't want you guys here. You're making everything worse."

"Will," Phil walks up to me slowly. He pushes his hands out to hug me and I back away. Then I feel arms grab me from behind.

"What the hell!" I yell. "Let me go."

"Will, we're here to help you," Ranboo says while holding my arms behind me.

"I don't want help," I yell at him. I try to fight him, but he was strong. Maybe I was just weak from all of the drinking. Finally, I give up and sob. "I just want her back. Why? Why did she have to go! Why didn't whoever the hell took her, just take me instead!"

Phil slowly approaches me and pulls me into a hug into which I sob into his arms, "Phil! I can't! I can't live like this! I can't live without her! I don't want to!"

"It's okay, Will," Phil whispers. He pets my hair and speaks to me gently. He holds me in his arms letting me let out all my pain. Tommy begins to walk over, but Phil directs him back silently.

"Come on, Will," Phil whispers. He pulls me up and takes me upstairs to the room and helps me get in bed. "You can't do this to yourself. Your fans have been asking about you. They're worried. Everyone is scared for you and you're here wasting your life away. You can't do this to us. When was the last time you've even been outside."

I look at him through glossed eyes and just pass out.