Chapter 30 - Hallucinations

I walk out of the room a few minutes after her completely dumbfounded. What did she mean this wasn't real? It sure as hell felt real. Did she mean me kissing her wasn't real? That the relationship was not real? What did she mean that it wasn't real?

I make my way back to my area where I had to sit and watch over my brother, but something was different now. The bed was empty. Instead Tommy sat awake in a chair. His laptop sat on a desk in front of him along with a notebook and a pen was held in his hand. Sat beside him was Phil and Niki. They were talking gently with him.

"He's okay, Tommy," Niki whispers, just small enough for him to hear.

"He's not okay," says Tommy. Tears filled his ocean blue eyes and held himself in his arms. "He's...he's not okay. I should have helped him. This is all my fault. Techno told me to watch him."

"Techno...?" Niki asks.

"In...in a dream," Tommy mumbles. "Techno told me to watch Wilbur and make sure that he was okay. That's why I went over that night."

"Tommy, what did he say?"

"You believe me right, Niki?" Asks Tommy.

"Of course," she whispers. She looks at Phil and nods. He nods back. "Go on, Tommy. What did he say?"

"He said to bother Wilbur," he starts. "He told me to shake him up, piss him off, drive him..."

"What the hell are you doing in here, Wilbur?" Techno says walking behind me. I turn quickly. "You're not allowed in here until I say so...you know that!"

"I...I just wanted to see him,"

"You've seen him enough," Techno yells. "Get out!"

"No..." I take a deep breath. I hated to challenge Techno. Even when he was alive. Although he was younger than me it still terrified me how strong willed he was, but this time I stood my ground. Cassie was right. I needed to take my bullshit.

"Wilbur...leave," Techno looks at me staring daggers. "Now."

I look at him. I knew I wasn't as strong as him and I knew that I shouldn't be trying to fight him on this, but something seemed wrong. Tommy seemed fake. Well, real...but something was wrong with what he said. What he was doing. He didn't say I was dead. He said I wasn't okay.

If Tommy knew that someone important to him passed he always acknowledged it. That was his way of accepting it. It was his way of coping. He acknowledged that you were dead and he often tried to work himself to take his mind off of it.

He had been in the hospital for what seemed a month and he now sat upright in a chair. Seemingly, perfectly fine. It wasn't right.

"It isn't real,"

Cassie.

I look at Techno again, "Where's Cassie?"

"I told you she doesn't want to see you," Techno argues. "Now leave."

"No, not until you tell me where she is," I challenged him once again.

He sighs, "Why can't you just listen?! I'm trying to help you!"

"No, you're hiding something!"

"I'm helping you see!"

"See what!" I yell at him. "What the hall is there to see when you keep kicking me out whenever something important seems to happen."

"You're staying until you see?"

"What do you mean staying?" I look at him. "Techno...am I...am I even dead?"