Chapter 21 - Trying Again

"Fuck!" I yell. I hop out of bed and rush to my liquid cabinet. I open it to find it empty. "Fucking cunts!"

I rush back to my bed and go to my closet. My phone pings. I ignored it and continued to search. Another ping. I continue to ignore the loud pinging until finally my phone rang.

"Fuck off!" I yell. I pick up the phone. "What?"

"Wilbur, don't," Phil's voice is calm, but demanding.

"Or what?" I ask.

"Just...just don't," I look over at the door and quickly hang up. I grab my coat and walk outside. I rush down the stairs and I'm met with Tommy at the bottom.

"Wilbur?" He asks. "Where are you going?"

"Nowhere," I whisper. I walk away and continue my journey down the path to the local grocers.

I go straight to the liquor aisle.

There stood Phil, "I can't let you do this, Will. You're going to hurt yourself."

"That's the point!" I tell him. "Why won't you just let me go. You all...you don't understand. You don't know what it feels like."

Phil walks up to me slowly and quickly pulls me into a hug before I could snap at him, "Will, I know. I don't know what it feels like, what I do know is that I can't live watching you do this to yourself. You're going on a date, tonight."

"No," I tell him. "Absolutely not."

"Yes,"

"No," I look at him. "You didn't even ask me."

"When it's this important do I really need to ask?"

"Yes," I yell. "It's a thing called consent try it sometimes."

I try to walk off, but bump into a girl walking towards us, "Oh, I'm so sorry."

"Yeah," I say. I look at her to meet her eyes and my frown drops. Her eyes were a beautiful brown and her hair hung over her eyes. She was a little shorter than me, but in a adorable way. She was looking back at me possibly examining me.

"I...um...sorry," she stutters.

I nod and she starts to walk away.

"Will, what was that?" Phil interjects.

"Nothing," o mumble and start to walk off, but Phil walks over to her.

I look at him in pure anger.

"Hey, sorry to bother you," Phil starts. "My son thinks you're cute and was wondering if he could have your number, or if you wanted his."

She looks back at me and smiles, "Sure."

They exchange numbers and she waves at me and walks away.

Phil comes back and my smile falls, "What the fuck?"

"You need an escape," Phil explains.

"No, I don't," I tell him.

"Just think about it," he looks at me and hands me a slip of paper with her number on it.

I grab it and walk away. I consider throwing it away, but I might need it to call her and tell her this was a mistake. I slipped it in my pocket and walked away.

{Created: July 12, 2022, at 7:30 pm}

{Published: July 19, 2022 at 11:36 am}

Word Count: 519 Words