Chapter 13 - Driving You Home

The ride was long and silent. There was so much tension in the air between us because of tonight's events and I hated myself even more every minute I sat in that vehicle. When we finally arrived at my house Wilbur gets out and goes to open my door.

He opens it, but I just sit there and look at him, "Are you gonna go inside or not?"

I roll my eyes and get out of the car, "Cassie, I don't want things to be like this between us."

"Really?" I ask. "I would've though something different. Your friends didn't just embarrass you and tell the person that you have feelings for that you've never slept with anyone before."

"How is that my fault?" He asks.

"If you wouldn't have kissed me, it never would have happened!" I yelled. I walk away and go to unlock my door.

"Cassie it's just the alcohol talking," he says. He walks up behind me, but doesn't touch me.

"No," I say. "This is me! This is Cassandra!"

"Then tell me," he says. "Tell me how you really feel! Tell me that you love me just as much as I'm in love with you!"

"I can't," I whisper.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because I'm not," I whisper. "Because I don't have feelings for you."

"Then look me in the eyes and tell me you don't have feelings for me and I'll leave," he says. "I'll leave and I'll never come back. I'll never bother you again. I'll let you go."

"Why can't you just go away!" I yell.

"Cassie," he says. "I care about you. I'm not okay without you. I don't care if I've only met you twice. It feels like the millionth one everytime I'm around you. I lose all my thoughts and you're the only one left. You make me feel like I can be who I want without having to hide my true self. With everyone else it feels like a priority or a job, you're different. Can we at least be friends? If not anything else, can we please still be friends?"

"Fine," I whisper. "Only friends."

I unlock my phone and show him, that I unblocked him and he does the same, "Thank you, Cassie."

He pulls me into a hug. I feel so alive in his arms. They fit perfectly around my waist and his excitement fills my heart with hurt. What am I doing this to him? Why am I doing this to myself? I know that things things will never really be the same between us.

"I better get inside," I say quietly.

"Oh, right," he says letting go. "Yeah, I better get going as well. Thanks again, Cassie. For everything."

"No problem, simp," I attempt at a joke.

He smiles a little, but I can see the hurt behind it. He waves and then gets back in his car and pulls off. What have I done?