Chapter 2

When we arrived at school, many students and teachers had already arrived. I shook my head once or twice, and breathed in and out slowly, just to release some tension.

"What are you doing, Maddy?" Rick asked.

"I’m just trying to relax a bit before class starts". "I’m not weird!" I continued, when I saw how strangely he looked at me. I said bye to Rick and left the car. Once again I breathed out slowly and began my day.

~ In the hallway ~

I went to the principal’s office to get my class schedule, and my locker combination. Once I found my locker, I put all the books I didn’t need in to the locker and turned around to get to my first class, when I bumped in to someone.

"Hey watch where you’re going - Madison?" as soon as I heard the voice, I immediately knew who it was!

"Sophie! I missed you so much girl!" I exclaimed. Sophie looks very innocent on the outside - she actually is quite innocent - but like she could never hurt a fly… well, you’re wrong! She has the worst temper any girl could have, but that doesn’t make me change my mind about her, because she is an amazing person. She just gets her hissy fits sometimes.

"I missed you too, kid" Sophie answered back.

"Hey! I’m only a month younger than you, so don’t push it" I joked.

While we continued our banter and asked each other about our vacation, the bell rang. Turns out our class schedule is almost the same, except for one period were she has biology and I have history.    We made our way to our first period which was physics.                                                                     Urg I hate science, even though I’m really good at it, I thought while entering the science room.

"Alright class! Please find a seat. The person you’re sitting next to will be your partner for the rest of the year" our physics teacher - Mr. Richardson - told us. When I turned my head and expected to see Sophie by my side, I found out that one of the school jocks - also known as the ‘popular’ ones - sat next to me. His name is Peter aka the flirt. I guess I don’t have to explain the flirt part, we all know how the jocks/popular guys are.

Peter has had a thing for me ever since I got transferred to this school. He flirts with all the other girls too, but as soon as I enter the room, he leaves the girl just to flirt with me and turns it up an extra nudge. I always try to ignore him, even though it’s quite hard when he’s showering me with compliments. I can’t help but blush a little, though he isn’t my type. I can’t deny that he’s hot because he definitely is; he just isn’t the right guy for me.

"Hey beautiful, I’ve missed you over the summer!"

"Hi Peter…" I answered back rather awkwardly.

Before Peter got time to continue, Mr. Richardson started his lesson. Our first topic was ‘The solar system’. We got an assailment to do with our partner. We have to build a model of the solar system, with the partner we’re sitting next to. Yay! I’m so lucky to get the opportunity to work with the dumbest guy in school…

This class is going to last forever…