20

Thank you Horsesanddogs3400 for the idea, and yes I am comfortable with the idea thank you for asking! Btw this is only part one your fabulous idea!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Third person POV:

Muzan was looking over Akaza doing his best to see what was wrong with him, as he took a further look he saw what was wrong with him.

Before the insect pillar died she was experimenting with different poisons, trying to see which ones could kill demons. And she had found the perfect kind, that's why muzan send douma to kill her because he didn't want her poisons to get more advanced then they already were. But it turns out somehow she was able to put the poisons into the swords, so that one they cut the flesh of a demon the poison would come off the tip killing the demons instantly. But upper moons are much stronger than normal demons so the poisons could have a different effect or not even an effect at all. Sadly Akaza didn't get the second opinion, and was experiencing unspeakable Pain. Muzan was doing all he could to help his favorite upper moon, giving him pain medicine and even going as far to give him some of his blood, hoping it would help. But the bright side of all this is that Muzan knew that Akaza wouldn't die, he was way too strong to only die from a poison.

After 2 days the battle between muzan and the demon slayer corpse started and the fight with Kokushibo vs muichiro began. Akaza could barely get up so he had to sit this one out. The pain was too much from even sleep, The pain was getting unbearable for him, so he decided to use a trick on himself that he had learned a long time ago. The trick was to hit a nerve in his neck what should make him pass out, he had only use this on other people such as women demon slayers that would chase after him wanting to kill him. Yes he could easily out run them but then they would know what upper three looked like. When he hit that specific nerve it made everything seem like a dream to them. So he quickly hit that nerve causing him to pass out.

Kokushibo now having a reason to live did not pay much mind to the flashbacks that happened in his fight. Yes the flashbacks were painful for him but he pushed himself through it, this was all for his lover he keep telling himself. That sentence was the only thing that they keeping him going.

He was doing his best to get to the youngest hashira, trying to make sure he wouldn't die because he truly did love him. All it took was for him to be blood for him to care. It warmed the demon to know that the child he was fighting was his own blood. Finally Kokushibo had succeeded on killing the Stone hashira.

When Akaza woke up he felt much better, so much better that he got up and started stretching. "How long was I laying down for." He mumbled as started walking to the door. He opened it and looked in the hallway, he didn't see anyone. So he decided to go look for someone, anyone. But he couldn't even find Nakime which was very unusual because she usually never left. He couldn't even find a aura, so he decided to go outside. (It was nighttime)

He had been walking for a half hour before he felt it... the pain was back. Thankfully he was in a forest, so if the sun came up he wouldn't get burned. But soon the pain was too much and he collapsed. To even breathe became painful. Some how Giyuu the water hashira, found him but he was injured badly. So before he could get to the upper moon he collapsed, From blood loss and pure exhaustion. Akaza couldn't tell if the hashira was dead or alive but at this point he was in to much pain to care, and he knew was that the hashira was unconscious. The upper moon slowly and shaking grabbed the sword that was a few feet away. Putting it up to his neck, with tears in his eyes he softly spoke. "I'm sorry my dear Kokushibo but the pain is to much... and I am to much of a burden for you.... If you continue to take care of me you'll never get stronger.... And I can't have that.." he said chuckling at the end, before starting to apply pressure. Cutting into a bit oh his neck. Then as quickly as possible he cut straight through his neck. As his head laid next to his body, he smiled knowing he did the right thing for the world.

Then something flashed in his eyes surprising him. Standing before him was his master, he spoke words almost softly. "Akaza, ohhhh my favorite upper moon." Akaza's eyes widened at this statement. "F-favorite I'm you favorite?" Akaza asked muzan had never told Akaza or anyone except Kokushibo that Akaza was his favorite. He wasn't easy on Akaza either, so for his master to say something like this was totally unexpected for him. Muzan continued the conversation. "Yes you are Akaza, and don't you want to be stronger? Don't you want to live? I am giving you a second chance." But before Akaza could speak someone appeared before him. Akaza then saw a woman appear on the other side of him. Muzan began glaring at the woman, that showed that he knew who she was. But despite the very menacing glare she paid it no mind she was acting as if the demon king wasn't even there. "Honey come on, you have done enough." She said while reaching out her hand waiting for him to take it. Akaza took her hand, and turned back to his master saying his final words. "Tell Kokushibo i'm sorry and I love him dearly... and thank you Master Muzan...." with that upper Moon three disappeared from the world, it was strange because he had been with the world for hundreds of years and for him disappear from it as easily as he did. And it was clear to everybody if he didn't want to he could've lived, Muzan of all people knew that, he knew that Akaza had so much in store for him but he just gave it up. Just like that so easily. Muzan yelled in pure anger. "AKAZA! You foolish demon you know how many demons would die to be in your place?! Millions I tell you, millions of demons would die to be in your place and you give it up that easily!" He began gripping his black hair harshly, and in all truth the demon king loved uppermoon three as a son. And it was honestly painful to see him go. This was the first death that was actually painful to Muzan.

The worst part was muzan didn't know how he was supposed to tell Kokushibo. Because he knew that he would have a even worse reaction that muzan himself did.

Soon muzan was back at his home, The place for him and the upper moons shared moments that he would never forget, happy moments, sad moments, and soon depressing moments.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Sorry for the late chapter, school has been keeping me very busy!

Btw Muzan somehow survive and killed all the demon slayers who got on his way, idk how. This is a AU not the original thing.