21

Thank you Horsesanddogs3400 for the idea, part 2!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Third person POV:

"Akaza is dead..." muzan tried to keep his voices calm as possible. Kokushibo was quiet for what felt like eternity. But in reality it was a few minutes. " pardon me? I don't think I heard you right.." Kokushibo's said, a small part of his voice breaking. Muzan knew he had heard what he said, so he didn't repeat it...

That whole night was full of pleading sobs, And Kokushibo wishing it wasn't true begging it wasn't true, saying how it could've been a mistake. But they both knew it really wasn't.  "But... the isn't fair. How come people always get their happy ending but I can't?"Kokushibo could feel his chest tighten. Muzan sat there in silence for once he wasn't the one screaming at people. When Kokushibo finally stopped muzan said something hoping it would make the situation better. "Kokushibo don't you have an descendent? You may have not gotten the happy ending you hoped for but you did get a different kind of happy ending if you think about it in a way." That warmed Kokushibo's ice like heart a bit. "Your right master muzan...." Kokushibo paused before talking again. Most likely thinking about what his master had just told him. "I apologize for yelling, and you're right, in a way I lost something and gained something.... But.... I know this is selfish question to ask but I must ask you are the most knowledgeable person on the planet. Do you think it was worth it to lose this specific thing just to gain another? I mean when I had Akaza I felt fully complete but now I feel.... I do not know how to express it in a way but I feel as if I am hollow. As if I am nothing but a hollow wall. Of course I feel more complete than I did before I confessed my love but my emotions have been up-and-down lately." Muzan looked at the demon who was sitting across from him. "No it is not selfish to wish for something more, but must be grateful for the things we have because if you lose this then what will you have left? You must cherish the things you have Kokushibo."  There was silence before the demon king spoke again. "And your descendent will not die because we have already turned him into a demon. Kokushibo this shows you and teaches you a very important life lesson and that lesson is that we cannot have everything we want we must trade it even if we traded it for something we want less."

Kokushibo took what muzan said and started or at least tried to focus on the bright side of the situation he was in. He tried to focus on his descendent. They actually had some pretty fun times together, of course Kokushibo had asked muzan to erase the child's memory. As much as it pains him to do or to ask somebody to do it he knew that if he didn't his descend it would never grow to love him. (In a grandpa way I better not see any comments shipping them. I have seen it before on other stuff and I find it absolutely mortifying)

Being the only family they both have left Kokushibo tried his best to make sure his descendent would fit in, and he did! Kokushibo even had a little photo album of them doing stuff together. Muzan was supposed to be a coldhearted creature who cared nothing about anything but himself. But over time his business partner and his descendent had grown a lot on him. And it made him happy to see Kokushibo doing so much better than he was before.

Time skip!

About 10 years past and everything was the same nothing dangerous like battling hashiras, and both Kokushibo and Muzan wanted to keep it that way. Kokushibo had also been teaching Muichiro. It honestly surprised both of the older demons how fast the young one learned, But they weren't complaining of course. One day Muzan decided it was finally time to send them both out on a mission. This was going to be muichiro's first mission and he was excited. "Come on grandpa Kokushibo! Come on! We got to go find that blue spider lily flower thing for Mr. Muzan-san!" Before Kokushibo fully walked off the property he turned back and spoke to his master before leaving. " goodbye master muzan thank you for letting us have this mission...." Muzan smiled and Kokushibo sent a small smile back. When the king of demons went into the infinity castle again he almost tripped on a book. He looked down and saw it was the album of his business partner and his descendent. He grabbed it and sat down on a chair near the fireplace opened it to page one and began looking at it.