Chapter 13

Nunew went home, while bringing things that he finds for Calum... While he's away, his head was filled by Calum — the thing that Nunew first held him until the present time he stroke the sleeping boy's hair before he left in a business trip.

One darkest secret that Nunew held to himself is that, he truly love Calum so much that he might die even just in a thought of losing him but he can't do it because he's afraid of his relatives — afraid of what they'll do to Calum if he show how much he love and care about his son because it will be the very first time Nunew will be seen as a weakling. He admit that he's so weak when it comes to Calum but he cover it with so much masks that even himself can't recognised himself. Whenever Calum's bed time and everyone's asleep, he Secretly went to the boy's room and gently gave him a goodnight kiss then walking out crying because he can't give the boy love and affection. The thought to himself that he's so pathetic but he must do that for the boy's safety.

Secretly leave food for the boy, secretly follow him to school to make sure he's safe, secretly ask any teacher to give his prepared food in disguise that it was from that teacher and always prayed for the boy's safety while his life's hanging by a thread. Why hanging? Nunew diagnosed with Cancer. His last wish was to hug his son before he rest somewhere without anyone knows and die there alone. He just want to hug Calum for the very last time and very last moment. His life was counted in less than a month.

He was so excited to see his son back home but instead of happy heart, his heart broke into pieces as the presents he brought dropped on the ground and tears are unstoppable. He can't believe what he saw...

A casket...

Casket that was Calum's size...

A tarpaulin that had his son's face and name...

His world crumbles as he walk towards the resting casket and saw his lifeless son laying there.

No one knew how his world crumbles into tiny pieces and he fall down into his knees, crying and asking why the gods above had to take his son and why not his?. The only ones who knew how he love Calum so much was Kaownah and the late Shelina. Kaownah was Mew's best friend and Gulf's past relationship, he was one of Calum's godfather and Nunew's acquaintance.

Zee looked at Nunew and he realised that it was his male wife who secretly put anything for Calum and can't believe that he had such other emotions than Anger or emotionless and heartlessness. He want to approach him but he choose not,

why you ask?

Nunew had his walls up... Those wall that he once feel those time when Calum's still a month old and having a high fever because of Zee's carelessness. Nunew almost try to kill anyone around the house if Calum's temperature won't go down. He resent anyone including Zee. And now, he saw it once again... But this time, it was the most sturdy wall that won't crumble even if it's the Warriors lead by Achilles.

Nunew hugged the casket as he cried... He felt the symptoms of his illness inside him but he neglect it. That pain he felt was just little than he felt losing his one and only treasure after losing his premature baby girl. Kaownah worries a lot.

As he calm down a bit, he brought back his presents. He smile while tears falls as he said to the lifeless boy.

"Calum... Remember you told me that you want this? Before I left for business trip, you ask me to buy this right? Mama heard it and I brought anything that fits you so well. Why didn't you waited for me? If only you said that your terminally ill, I'll join you so you won't be lonely anymore. Why didn't you wait for me my boy? "

It was the very first time Kaownah saw his friend being so broken. He didn't fall on his knees nor feeling the world collapse to the ground upon knowing that he'll die soon and was Terminally ill — now diagnosed with Cancer but he was falling into million of pieces by the sight he is now... The unexpected turn and news he saw right after coming back from his diagnosis that was sugar-coated with 'Business Trip'.

Zee saw that from afar but doesn't know that the person he's living with will soon to die cause not even once! He ever look into his eyes — primary reason why, he doesn't know that he's suffering from abuse and from illness.