'Stuck' {Witch x Reader.}

Requested by: Anon. (I can't find the request, srry lol.)
Art by: NanoeTetsu on Deviantart.

You walked with caution down the cracked, deserted road, shooting infected nearby with your trusty shotgun; It's only you with nobody else left. when you and your survivor group managed to find safety in a CEDA evacuation center, you thought they'd save you, only to witness the death of all 3 of them in front of your eyes. The people that you grew to love and take care of killed by guards who claimed you were carriers. So you ran for it and never looked back, out the guarded gates for your life, only to accidentally trigger a car alarm.

While they were opened from the guards letting your group inside, a deadly horde was alerted and charged for the gates. You hid in fear under the ringing vehicle, hearing the screams and gunshots from the center. After only a few infected were outside the base; you stood to your shaky legs and ran far off from the center, tears rolling down your cheeks from those painful memories.

As you continue your solitary journey, you navigate through desolate landscapes with no companions by your side and no one to share your thoughts with. Each day passes slowly, and before you realize it, weeks have stretched into months. Despite stumbling upon a few secure hideouts along the way, you only encountered lifeless bodies instead of fellow survivors. Thoughts of giving up and reuniting with your lost loved ones linger in your mind, tempting you with the thought of escape. However, you push forward, reminding yourself that persevering is the way to honor the memory of those who meant everything to you. Now in a safe room to yourself, you stay seated on the rather concerning stained sofa, wondering where you plan on going next. Shrugging it off, you laid back and tried to get comfortable on the sofa, the room reeking of the metallic stench of blood.

The next morning, you wake up suddenly to the sound of screams outside. Startled, you jump out of bed and rush to the door to see what's happening. Peering outside, you spot a survivor—a woman with her leg caught in a bear trap. She's dressed in tattered clothes, not appearing infected at first glance. Without delay, you grab your gun and open the door cautiously, scanning the area for any infected individuals. As you hurry towards the woman, you take a closer look and realize she's a Witch. Anger flashes in her eyes as she tries to lunge at you but is held back by the bear trap's grip on her leg. Her scream echoes in the air, causing your heart to race. She settles back down, emitting a menacing growl. Your gun is now within her reach, next to her clawed hand, as you step back cautiously. With a quick decision, you attempt to retrieve the weapon, aware of the danger a Witch poses. However, she strikes out at you, her intense amber eyes fixed on your every move.

Hesitating some more, you sort of.. feel bad for her. Sure she's probably one of the most dangerous infected alive, but you're filled with slight compassion. Either that or the crippling loneliness that has overtaken you is not making you delusional. You think for a few seconds, sighing and walking over to the chain where the bear trap is connected to. She attempts to slash at you a second time, only to be yanked back again. You try once more, crouching next to the chain and keeping an eye on her sternly. She growls and sits there, watching you. You put your hands up as a sign of safety, showing her you have no weapons. She seems to understand in a way, but doesn't let her guard down fully. She glares at you as your hands come close to the bear trap, but you slowly move them to open the device.

She winced in pain and attempted to slash at you for the third time, but you swiftly dodged her attack. Her frustration was evident as she paused, her anger simmering beneath the surface. Although she allowed you to touch the trap, she became aggressive whenever you moved it too forcefully. After a few tense minutes of struggle, you finally managed to remove the trap. The Witch and you stood in silence, the tension palpable in the air. She slowly rose to her feet, her gaze fixed on her newly freed foot. As you instinctively reached for your gun, she caught your movement and emitted a low growl, forcefully kicking the weapon out of your reach. Swearing under your breath, you recoiled, feeling a sense of vulnerability as she advanced towards you in a menacing manner. Not knowing how to defend yourself now, you grab the first thing in your pocket and throw it, only to find out that's it a small roll of bandages.

She glances at it, then her injured ankle. She doesn't hesitate to lift you by the jacket collar into the air, keeping her frustrated gaze. Gulping, you're surprised to see her grab the bandage roll and take your palm, opening it. She places the roll in your palm, then drops you. Raising an eyebrow in confusion, it takes you a moment to get the hint. You glanced at her injured ankle, then up at her. She glares at you again, making you gulp. You open the bandage and wrap it around her hurt ankle, tightening it and stopping the bleeding. After the task is finished, She glared at it, then down to you. She doesn't stick around, however, and sprints off with a single glance back.

You couldn't stop thinking about her long after that day. You were puzzled why she spared your life instead of ending it, but you were not overly upset about it. Just a weird experience, I suppose.

( Could've done better with the idea, but here's a lazy one. )