'Childish' {Nick x Reader x Francis}

Requested by: JanineSantos166
Art by: arok318 on Deviantart.

(Nick might act a little OOC, so just bear with me. This takes place in an alternate AU where the L4D1 survivors joined the L4D2 survivors at the end of the Passing.)

"Hey, watch it!" Francis spat at Nick, glaring at him.

"You're the idiot who keeps bumping into me, you greasy vest wearing monkey" Nick shot back, wearing his usual expression full of annoyance.

Since the day the two groups of survivors first crossed paths, Francis and Nick have been in a constant state of disagreement. Their arguments have become a familiar soundtrack in the group's daily routine, making it seem like they were always at odds, especially when they were in your presence. The group, nonetheless, remained unfazed by their ongoing conflict, as long as it did not jeopardize the safety of the group or the success of their journey.

The group walked along a clear path in the empty woods of an abandoned campsite, wanting to find a safe house already. There was barely any infected nearby, maybe because the place was very remote. The terrible weather made you excited to find a warm place and relax. "Why does it have to be so cold out here?" you asked the group in a whine, Rochelle letting out a chuckle, reassuring you that there should be a house up ahead. "Here." Nick said, handing you his suit coat and looking away with a stubborn expression. "Oh, thanks Nichola-" You started to say, but he interrupted, correcting, "Just Nick."

"Awe, you don't like being called Nicho-" Francis tried to tease, but Nick quickly cut him off.

"Didn't you just hear me?" The gentleman spat, cutting off Francis. "Nicholas, Nicholas, Nicholas!" Francis teased, laughing at Nick's frustrated expression and giving him a smug smirk.

You put on the fancy white jacket and smiled, it was warm and had a scent of alcohol mixed with cologne in it. It made you think about the bars before the infection began, man you would use a drink right about now. Francis continued to tease Nick, as if he was showing off. You jumped in surprise when feeling an arm wrap around you. Turning your gaze, you noticed Francis' smiling down at you making your face heat up. Nick glared at the biker, rolling his eyes at him.

Nick scoffed, walking to the other side of you and pushing the biker's arm off while replacing it with his own. "go bother someone else" Francis scowled, glaring at the conman. "Make me" Nick replied with a threatening manner, listening through the whole thing, it confused you on why they were even acting this way. You didn't care much, since it was all talk, what was Francis gonna do, punch him?

Francis interrupted your foreshadowing thoughts by punching Nick straight in the face, causing him to lose his grip on you and fall back. "Francis! what the hell?!" you shouted at him in shock and annoyance.

Nick stood to his feet, wiping the blood from his lower lip in a slightly inconvenienced state. He wasted no time by punching the biker many times, pissing off Francis even more. Trying to stop the two caused you to accidentally be punched as well. The two men turned their heads to you right after, stopping abruptly. "Are you alright Y/N? look what you did you asshole, you hit them and gave them a bruise!" Francis hissed at Nick.

Nick looked genuinely concerned, a rare occurrence for sure. The guys stopping their fight as you were helped up by Francis, "Sorry, let's start focusing more on our trip there, okay you grease monkey?" Nick scowled in hidden annoyance to Francis, glaring up at him "Whatever, the group is far up ahead so we better get to it" Francis chuckled, picking his gun back up. The guys walked on each side of you as the three of you caught up to the group, pretending that nothing happened. Zoey pointed out the bruise on your cheek, but you dismissed it as if an infected caused it.

Finally, they spotted a safe house up ahead, everyone sighing in relief and heading inside.

After everyone got comfortable inside, Nick swung by your room that night and apologized for earlier. You said that it was fine, you didn't want him to feel bad at all, but you did make him promise to not have any arguments in the future. He took your hand in his, bringing it up to him as he placed a kiss on it. He opens his mouth, about to say something. When Francis walked in as well, his presence interrupted him, causing Nick to walk out in an annoyed manner. Francis took his seat, checking to make sure you're alright. You reassured him that it wasn't a big deal, kissing him on the cheek sweetly. Blushing, he couldn't help but smirk and ask for another. "Go relax, you goof" You laugh off, making Francis laugh as well and walk out, wishing you a good night.