10. Out of the blue?

"Double dribbling violation!"

The hulk stopped in his tracks, the basketball bouncing off his hands towards the woman in an armless jersey, black shorts, and athletic shoes that mirrored his.

The short woman, probably about 5'6 raised her intertwined hands over her ponytailed box braided hair and jumped happily. She ran to the ball and picked it before proceeding to dribble it with her left hand, stalking side to side as the man lunged carefully at her.

She stalked to her left along with the ball and grimaced at what transpired. The man caught her in the act, "You just traveled!"

She pouted, shooting the ball at him. He caught it and proceeded to dribble it between his legs, around his shoulder, and back through his legs.

He jumped with the ball and brought his hand forward, reflexly she jumped to block it but he revived, exchanging it behind his back and shooting over her head until it landed on the rim of the basket hoop. The ball swirled around the basket but eventually fell off.

Sudais threw his head back, sighed, and bent with his palms over his knees, breathing heavily while Simi squealed, jogging towards the ball to rebound it.

The duo jogged into the court until they were facing each other at the center circle. Lips curled up, Simi winked at Sudais who had a distant look but still smiled at the gesture.

The kick-off began and she faked left which impulsively made the man follow her steps but she flashed to her right, dribbling the ball around her back. They stalked at each other until she shot the ball from outside the arc towards Sudais' side of the court and watched the ball successfully go through the ball hoop.

"5 points!" She shrieked jolting towards him until they were a few inches apart, she jumped and he met her halfway as their chest bumped. They pulled back and he placed a sweaty arm over her shoulder, walking them to a bench.

Moments later, Simi placed her palm on his laid-back chest. His eyes flew open, his hand lifting to sit atop her hand.

"I got to go."

"What's the time?"

"8:37 Am."

Simi's rested her head on his rising and falling chest. "Let's go then."

He made no move to get up and she asked, "Your house?"

He sighed, lowly, bringing his palm to rest on her sweaty cheek. "No. Yours."

Her tone surged. "We're back at that?"

His fingers that were running over her cheeks and chin ceased, his expression flaming up. "You're the one who is bringing it up not me."

Simi's head left his chest and flung his hand that reached for her.

"Oh, so I'm just supposed to keep quiet and never ask?"

Sudais took a deep breath. He didn't want to fight. He rose from the edge of the bench, his wrists on his knees and his wrist dangling. "I'm not going to fight with you."

He felt a breeze, then, the woman was standing in front of him. "Of course, you won't fight me. You're scared."

He had no energy to even look at her, instead, "Simi..."