25. Chaos, every where you go.

Chest heaving she stared at his equally angry figure, chest and body vibrating with it. She turned her head to the side to spit blood out her mouth. She stroke her face at him again, agape lips quivering, eyes narrowed and nose flaring.

The most intriguing part, those 2 hollows on her cheeks were always present.

She hastily stood up, then bent to the side to cough out more blood. This time, it wasn't from her broken mouth.

His eyes widened at that, whatever he caught in his hand fell to the floor as he dashed for her. She dashed to the side as he stalled her. They carefully stalled in circles, with Sudais' arms out towards her in a 'calm your nerves down' motion as always. While Laila paused to cough violently and purge more blood on the tiles, the pillows and covers she had thrown around. How the hell would she calm down?

When she had managed to stall to the door and had him in the middle of the room where she wanted him, she dashed for the door. As fast as her purging ass could let her, in the foyer she yanked his key from the key hanger and clicked the unlock button. A white range rover made the unlocking sound and she dashed for it. The idea that she had not just a car, but two that she never drove didn't even cross her mind.

Meanwhile, Sudais was quick on her heels but realized he had no luck when the woman who couldn't drive was recklessly reversing out of the gate that the stupid gateman had opened for her.

Sudais dashed back into the living room to grab his wallet, shove it into his pocket, random shoe, and another car key from the key hanger.

The witch couldn't even drive and she was puking blood and now on a runaway mission with his car. Lord have mercy.

The engine had barely revved to live and Sudais was on a suicide mission as he reversed the hell out of their house. He caught sight of the white car taking a sharp corner and he hit his fist on the wheels.

Gotcha!

Maybe it was the adrenaline rush, but his instincts paid off when his first thought was school. She'd try to go into the female hostel which he couldn't get in.

Furiously, with his speed passing 120 km/h although in town with pedestrians all over, Sudais received numerous insults from people he had almost run over or crashed into their cars.

He chased her like a maniac and prayed for once in his life that Abuja traffic wouldn't disappoint. She had to pass by the biggest highways before getting to Bawa teaching hospital and that was when he'd overtake her.

Sudais smelt the sweet stench of success as he trailed her and she tried to zig-zag on the road but was heading towards the traffic. The lights turned red and Sudais hit his break harsh and hard to not crash into the car in front of him but Laila didn't stop as she took the sharp corner only to come head-on with a siren-wailing army truck.

Her car came to an abrupt stop but she pressed the gas to escape only for the army car's honk to come. She attempted again and a man slid through the windows and released a loud gunshot. People on foot and cars started to let out screams with a few cars now crashing unto each other.

"Sadiya is going to get us killed!" Sudais yelled as he dragged the hand gear up and switched off the engine. As hastily as he could, he ran out of his car, Forgetting to close the door and him being the only 1 approaching the scene when everyone was ducking down and bolting. He hoisted his hands in surrender to the man with the gun now aimed at him, or was it Laila or Laila's car?

Laila unlatched the door to the car, stepping down weakly only to bend and purge out cups of blood.

"Raise your hands in surrender!" He yelled at her a few feet away before slowing down as he walked past his car, the piercing Friday sun of Abuja melting him down.