Epilogue.

Six years later.

"Daddy!"

"Daddy!"

"Yaddy!"

Three kids; a carbon copy of Sudais, each clutching an envelope called, running up the stairs of the porch and leaving behind their heaving mother.

"Slow down, Aali! Don't do that-you're not-God!"

Laila's warnings went on deaf ears, the kids went on and she dropped her bag into a maid's helping hand.

"Daddy, where are you?"

"Yaddy, where are you?"

Laila chuckled at Aali's words; she wondered when he'd get the 'Daddy' right. Still, she warned them as they pushed open a door.

"Barkindo da Sultan, karku tada Daddy!"

"Daddy!"

"Daddy beda lafiya." She shook her head, surging her heavy legs to grab Aali who was about to stumble but thankfully, he did not.

"Wayece banda lafiya?"  Sudais sat up and groaned in mock as he swiped the youngest kid, Aali, off his feet and threw the cackling kid up before catching him. "Lafia na qalau."

Laila stood a few feet from him, "Suda-" she ceased, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. "I told you to rest."

Sudais mirrored Aali's pout at Laila, "And..." he calculated the time on his phone before taking hold of Aali's envelope. "I did. For forty-three minutes."

"Daddy!" Sultan called out for attention, lifting his envelope and Barkindo followed suit.

"Sudais!"

Sudais' smile fell and Laila froze in her spot. Hell, even the kid's eyes ceased in motion. For the split second that Sudais' eyes met Laila's, his narrowed eyes blamed her for the kid's boldness; he must've heard it from her.

Sudais pulled Aali onto his lap and rested his squinting eyes on Barkindo, "S for what, Barkindo? What did you just call me?"

Barkindo pouted and dropped his head; the kid knew he was wrong but did not lie, "Sudais."

Sudais shook his head, "No." he affirmed in a soft voice. "My name is dad. Okay?"

"Daddy?"

"Yes," he nodded, "Don't...don't call that again... its ah-it's a bad word."

Laila helped herself beside Sudais.

"Now don't be sour, What'd you get?" The question was meant for each kid but he reached for Barkindo's envelope.

"Second!" Sultan threw his arm into the air.

"Third!" Barkindo followed and Aali's tiny fingers went up.

"Fess!"

Sudais and Laila's instinct was to laugh at Aali's mis-wording. "It's first, Aali." Sudais corrected before he shared a high five with each and began to unfold the envelopes to study their semester results.

As Sudais studied the results, Laila rested her chin on her palm and studied him too.

The most befitting word she could use to describe him was; Growth; not just physical.

Laila was proud to say, this selfish, big man had grown and although he still was growing, she sometimes still found it hard to believe.

Four years ago, they had fought over something and while she had gone on a mouth diarrhea spree and had expected a sound clap back like normal, she got none and it hit her. He had sat on a couch, staring at her and listening to the things she normally would not say until triggered, then simply walked out.