12. A blackhat?

"Amin amin, Mama. Thank you."

3 beeps came, indicating the line had shut off.

Sudais took a sharp breath, his legs shaking briskly in brace for what was to come.

"Sir?"

"Yes? Yes?" Sudais yanked himself out of his trance at the sound of a female hostess.

"We landed 10 minutes ago. Do you need anything?"

He shook his head and waved her off.

She got the memo and walked away.

His eyes surveyed the brown interior of the jet right to the windows showing that the sun was still shining.

Recharging, he closed his eyes, clasped his palms, and leaned forward for minutes.

With newfound energy, he stood up, slid the top trunk, and dragged his backpack and his small troll bag. Hopefully, he wouldn't-they wouldn't be there for long.

On the grounds, he halted to fish the black shades in his front breast pocket. He got them to dial down the sun's intensity on his eyes before he grabbed his troll bag and walked towards the 2 men approaching him.

"Newest ango in town ba!" Sudais head shook at that, his steps faltering until they came to a stop to give his younger brother a hard handshake.

They exchanged greetings and the other man who was introduced as a dogari took the pleasure in retrieving both Sudais' bags and leading the way.

"Koyahata? (What's up?)"

Muri shrugged, pulling the glass door open. "Toh...where do you want me to start?"

"Anywhere."

Sudais scanned the barely visible area. His biggest guess was that the airport does not have frequent visits by private jets.

Muri left the question hanging until they were in the back passenger seat of a black Prado car, courtesy of dear newest father-in-law. "Mi yi a ba volwana Baba Alhaji. (I think you should talk to Baba Alhaji first.)"

Sudais let it go.

It wasn't his first time in Gombe. Albeit it was the 3rd time, he'd been there the first 2 times for weddings, on different colleague events.

Summing the first 2 times, he had spent less than 96 hours in the state but here he was, to meet his newest family and join them as they searched for his now missing wife. What a life he had.

The 2nd Prince of Adamawa weds the 2nd princess of Gombe, in which the princess has been pronounced Kidnapped less than 5 hours after the wedding. Details follow shortly...

How eye-catching it'd look on the headlines.

Sudais scoffed, glancing at the time. 4:11 Pm. Not bad. Although he had issues he had to settle before coming, the time was still not bad.

Less than 20 minutes later, he was stepping out of the car to the sounds of traditional guns and trumpets, all in his honor.

He was used to it anyway and he knew the only way to get those people to get off his back was to give something out. It'd do good on the first good impression he wanted to make anyway.

He pulled the driver to the side, placing enough notes into his hand before he reassured, "We'll take it from here." Then strapped the backpack to his shoulder while Muri dragged the troll bag to the guest side of the house.

Their journey took a little longer than normal as he studied the long white walls, the traditional frame badges in the middle of the walls as they extended. The smell was like home. Warm earthy with a touch of woody scent.