44. My Paradise.

Friday, 27th December 2019.

Pride. Brainsick pride.

Something Sudais had in excess to the point he could sell it was pride.

Pride had stopped him from achieving so many things in life.

For a second, drop the pride, do the job and pick it up. Something he hardly did.

On a few occasions where he had dropped his pride to do something, in the end, he got reminded why he should never, ever put his pride down for anything or anyone.

That applied even to his relationship. Which was why he mostly had toxic relationships.

Which was also why he hadn't gone to see Laila in Jimeta for 4 days since he woke up to find her gone. Intel told him she left that Tuesday night.

Now admittedly, he shouldn't have dismissed her that way. But in his defense, he was piecing puzzles together, his head was a mess in the direction of the full picture.

Laila just had to push him to the wall by being pushy and asking questions she didn't want to know the answers to.

Now back to the pressing issue; cheating. Laila's words had gotten to him more than he would like to admit. He had been so self-centered, thinking only about himself getting hurt by her cheating when he had cheated more times than he cared to count. Before they formed any connection and after he found out she cheated, he used that as an excuse to get away when they were still tied to each other, married or not.

He had never stopped to admit that she cheated once, while he, well, he didn't even keep count.

Suddenly, he was realizing after her outburst that she felt the same way. Maybe him cheating had even pushed her to reciprocate the energy.

He wasn't a saint, neither was she. They both had struggles growing up, learning survival when people their age were mostly growing and being kids. Coming from families like theirs puts immeasurable pressure and expectations on them. You can't do this, you can't do that. That is the right thing to do but you can't because you come from a royal home.

He understood her, ok? And he really hoped she'd understand him without him having to explain too.

It was hard talking to her about how he felt, most of the time anyway.

So, he'd let her be.

She'll come to see things from his perspective, hopefully.

Sudais had started his day with his routine; wake up, take a shower, eat Naja's food, and venture to greet his mum who he surprisingly met in her lounge connected to her room but masked his surprise, placed Maijdda's kid on his lap and exchanged greetings before his activities began considering it was a Friday.

Sudais' frown followed the movements of Hafsy who bent over the couch and picked up her phone that was beside Mima, then stood straight with a palm to her waist and get engrossed in her phone.

Wrinkle lines appeared on his forehead as he held the kid on his lap tighter.

He swiped his eyes from Mima laying on the couch, Hafsy standing by the couch, Maijidda working on her laptop on the rug while Mama was sitting against the couch Mima occupied before he addressed. "May i ask why nobody in this house is greeting me?" That was excluding his mum who he was the one greeting her. "Kwana na hudu none of you girls have looked at me and greeted me." The ladies he was addressing shared a look, then went back to what they were doing. "Mi don volwanma? (Am i not talking to you?)"

In sync, Hafsy and Mima mumbled from the back of their throats. "Ina kwana."

Sudais stared at them in disbelief, his brows drawing in before he looked at his mum who had a blank facade, then to Maijidda who pretended he wasn't there.