22. How to lose interest 101.

Sunday, 24th feb 2019.

At the sight of the woman in a navy blue shirt, white jeans that he could swear were tight enough to block blood vessels, ankle-length socks, and a plain white cap on her head, Sudais immediately shook his head and hands. "You're going to my parent's house like that?"

Laila who had noticed his presence by his cologne but decided to ignore him stopped in her tracks. She lifted her head from the clip of the butterfly necklace, threw it back, and let out a heavy breath. "Yes. I have-"

"No way."

Laila's nose wrinkled at that, her lips pushing forward. "Yes way. I'm going to wear a full-length hijab. "

He motioned at her body, almost disgustingly. "Then why not wear something breathable?"

Laila's palm sharply came down in sync with her words. "Because i have a match afterward. You're going to drop me off after seeing your parents."

Sudais' left shoulder came up to meet his cheek in dissent. "Over my dead body will i take you with my own legs to a match looking like that. Ni Abbati? WHAT? Inaaaaaaa. I thought you were only going to watch the match."

Laila abruptly stood, ready to end his judgmental ass. "This is the uniform. You want me to wear an Ankara blouse and straight skirt to my polo match?"

He motioned from the tip of her figure to her base. "Anything apart from...this."

Laila scoffed, clapping her hands in disbelief.

She stopped. "I'm going to the match. I've been going every Sunday for the past 3 weeks, it's not going to stop because you said so."

Sudais' palm came up to cover his wide mouth as he stared at her with popped-out eyes. "You've been doing what?"

Her lips curved up, "You would know but oh. You've been in Lagos living your best. So have i."

He took seconds to himself, letting the new information down to him. This woman was going to mess up their family's reputation.

He took a deep breath and decided to be mature about it. By mature, meaning ordering; "You're not going to the match."

Laila's brows drew in as her arms spread in opposite directions before she was glancing to her sides to see if there was someone else in the room. There wasn't, so, she stabbed a finger into her chest. "Who? You mean me?"

He nodded, walking past her towards the closest only for her to wrap a palm that barely wrapped around his bicep.. He turned to stare at her hand and she quickly revived, folding her arms. "Engineer?"

He blinked, "Student?"

Her nose immediately flared up. "Douche."

"Witch."

Arms crossed in attentiveness, he twisted to her, a cocky smile adorning his features at her frown.

Taunting each other was not going to solve their problems and neither was it going to get her up and ready for a match she hadn't played in over 5 months and had blatantly lied to piss him off, as such, she clarified. "I am and i will go to that match. It's best if you suck it up and we leave for your parent's house so i can leave for my match."

He nodded. "Okay," Then walked off to the closest murmuring. "We'll see."

Laila proceeded to slip into her himar. She got her necessities which weren't much as she had almost everything at the locker room in her polo clubhouse.

Her phone rang just when she was about to pick it up.

"Maya i-"

"I'm in your parlor. Don't want to walk in on you guys."