30. Adam A Zango.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Laila's eyes flew open. She surveyed the green parking lot to find a few people getting into or out of their cars. Her eyes landed on the leather bag she had dropped a few minutes ago.

She had been standing for minutes with her eyes closed. Now, granted she was still angry, she felt less angry than when the bastard had walked out on her.

She sighed, kicking the bag with her crocs until the contents tumbled.

"Hmm. First time I'm seeing you disrespect food."

Not now, please.

Laila spiraled until she was facing the owner of the voice. Her legs bent forward and backward as she fisted and un-fisted her hands.

The voice came, again. "You didn't come to my office."

She scoffed, taking a step forward. "So, you decided to stalk me?"

He shook his head, walking towards her as she took a few steps back. He noticed that, his eyes glancing at her fidgety legs and then back to her hassled face. "No," His arm shot to point at the four-story building of the hospital. "If you haven't noticed, my office gives a view of this wonderful parking lot," He patted his front slack pocket. "I came out to smoke."

Lips set into a thin line, she gritted. "You relapsed?"

He nodded, taking a few steps until he was over her, his white coat now gone and he was in his dress shirt and suit pants. "You were the only reason why i stayed away..."

Laila bit the inside of her cheek as her legs bounced. She had nothing to say now. You can only get over an addiction if you have the strong desire to. She couldn't keep up.

Firm hands rose and slowly settled on her shoulders. Her legs halted to stand straight and the pressure on the inside of her cheek increased.

Before he could say something, she beat him to it. "What'd you want to talk about?"

He ignored her, his fingers moving from her shoulders to her back as he carefully massaged her. She visibly relaxed, her eyes closing and her palms rising to land on his chest but didn't push him.

He went on, the only sound being heard apart from the swaying trees and faint cars was that of her low moan of pleasure.

When his fingers reached her waist, he revived and lifted her cotton veil until he was snaking his arms around her hips and pulling her into him.

She didn't protest, instead, their eyes met and she averted them to his chest instead. "You don't even want to look at me anymore, Laila."

"I don't."

"Hmm." He nodded. The topic was too dense, he decided to switch it. "How's this clinic treating you?"

Her head moved back to look at him, her lips curling up as she scrunched up her face. "You're a horrible liar." He playfully narrowed his eyes and so did she. Then, they burst out laughing. "That's not how you said it would be. Come and study medicine, you said. It'll be fun. This is not what i signed up for."

"Uhmm...but you can't deny it's fun somedays right?"

She shook her head. "Whether it is fun or not, it doesn't matter. I am a few months before my 3rd MB exams. Then I'll be in my final year. There's no going back."

His grin widened and he grabbed her tighter. "I'm proud of you."

She bit the inside of her cheek, scrunching her nose to push her specs up her nose. "I know. You should be. I'm losing my mind, all day, every day."