Prologue

"You fucking useless piece of shit!"

Is what I dad told me as a feel a punch in my face, they were beating me again huh?

"Twelve years! Twelve years of a fucking disappointment"

Mom said as she was puffing smoke from her cigarette, as I hear that I feel another punch come at me, but this time they aimed at my stomach and I was on my knees gasping for air, they always do this, but I wonder what their excuse is this time?

"You forgot to wash the dishes"

Ah...that

I feel dad grabbing my hair and all I could do was scream for pain, he was dragging me to the basement.

As we enter the basement I feel a kick in my back as a fell on the stairs and back into the floor.

Dad: You are sleeping in the basement again, no dinner for you! Maybe this time you will reflect on your actions and learn to do something right

He shut the door with extreme force and I was still in the floor because I couldn't move from the pain just yet.

This room is so cold and dark...

Then again is better being here than being with them, my so called parents, at least here I could sing myself to sleep grandpa told me I had the talent for it. He was an amazing person we used to listen to Guns N' Roses every time he would always come here, but all went to shit the day he was gone.

You see grandpa was like a goddamm king in the family , he was the pillar of the house, mom and dad used to work hard to get money so we could afford the basic things, we are not rich no, we are the opposite of that, grandpa always took care of me when mom and dad was gone, but when he decided to leave to heaven, no one could take care of me and that meant that mom or dad have to quit one of their jobs, mom quit her job.

With her having no job means less money, less money means more stress and with more stress comes the beating...

I guess at this point I was just a stress reliever and not their son, I don't even know if they used to love me at some point.

*CREAK*

Me: Huh?

I lift my head to see that the door was slightly open, but neither dad nor mom was coming and I notice that the handle of the door was somewhat broken, Dad must have closed the door too hard, with all courage and force I could muster I walk through the pain and I stand up and walk towards the stairs to see through the door, no one was close, they were probably in the kitchen or in their bedroom, this was my chance, if I could just run straight to the main door I would escape this hell.

Me: Did you give me this chance grandpa?

I whisper looking up to heaven, I don't know if he could really heard me, but I hope he will.

Me: Thank you grandpa, I won't' let you down... I hope you are happy in heaven with grandma.

My legs were shaking with anticipation and before I even knew I was running to the main door and I opened it, I didn't even looked back I was just running, and running and running

Don't look back Y/N! Just run! Run until you can't feel your legs!

.

.

.

I don't know how much time I have been running, but I made one of my objectives complete I guess.

Me: I can't feel my legs...