Chapter 12: K/DA

A/N: A lot of you have been waiting for this chapter, I know...

Btw there is kind of an important question below all of this chapter and I could rally use your opinion.

Anyway enjoy the chapter!!

3rd Person POV (Past)

Currently we see Jinx and Y/N as kids both leaning their faces against the glass of a mask shop, behind them is a highly confused Silco.

Y/N: That skeleton mask looks so cooooool...

Jinx: No way. The alien mask looks cooler...

In the morning Silco thought that hanging out for a while with the misfits seemed like a good idea, the kids never had any parent figure, but the problem is that he had no idea how to be a father figure either since he didn't have someone to look forward to in his past.

Jinx: Should we steal them?

Y/N: What kind of question is that? Of course we should steal them! Let's go partner in crime!!

Jinx: Yay!!

And just before Y/N and Jinx could take a single step towards the entrance of the shop both of them were grabbed on their t-shirts making them stop in their ways and look back at Silco, who was the one holding them back.

Y/N: The hell man?

Jinx: Yeah, we were about to get our new masks!

Silco: *Sighs* You don't have to steal, when you can afford it.

Y/N: Ah, but you can steal money too.

Silco: Yes, but there is work too and other ways to gain money besides stealing. And I think that both of you have been doing well this couple of days so...*Pulls out some coins from his pocket* Consider this your paydays I guess...

Jinx grabbed the coins that Silco was offering and the misfits couldn't help but stare at the coins for a while with stars in their eyes. Does this count as their first gift? Or as a Payday? Either way, nobody has ever give them something, so this was the first time that they get something without the necessity of committing a crime. Jinx and Y/N stared at each other and nodded, Jinx put the coins in her left pocket afterwards and both of them run at Silco to hug him, leaving him stunned.

Jinx/Y/N: Thank you Silco...

Silco wasn't really an affectionate person no, all the contrary, if he could avoid physical contact at all cost he would avoid it, but for some reason when it comes to Jinx and Y/N he didn't dislike it.

In fact he enjoyed giving them hugs, he just wouldn't admit it.

He never felt like a father, never imagined himself as one, never thought he would have someone to take care of.

Yet here he is and the kids that are hugging him have smiles on their faces. It was in this moment that Silco comprehended something.