chapter seven

Lily

I thought that I'd be able to put some distance from Jeremy but when I was icing his bruised knuckles my heart had a reverse reaction. It was fucking melting for Jeremy! And fuck if I hate that feeling.

As for the current notion I had just logged in with my employee id-card and was taking myself to cabin. I was on time for the second day at work and it was surprising to me that how with lesser to no amount of sleep I was functional.

The next thing I knew I had prepared Jeremy's schedule and was working on the employee stats report when the intercom of my office buzzes. "Miss Pierce" the deep husky voice comes from the other side. It felt like he didn't happen to have slept good as well. The deeper octave and the early morning bed voice was making me go crazy.

"Umm...yes Sir", I answer after composing myself fair enough. "Get me my schedule and the black coffee", and with that the call goes off. Typical Jeremy doesn't have manners at all. I roll my eyes and get to the task of preparing his coffee black, just like his soul.

With the steaming cup in one hand and iPad in others I was standing in front of his cabin. I knock once and after the reply head in. Messy hair, sleepy eyes, top buttons of a little crooked shirt undone, Jeremy was leaning back on his chair.

Placing the cup in the perimeter of his arms, I clear my throat, "Morning Sir." "What is my schedule for the day?" I roll my eyes, I wish I can strangle him, can't even have the curtesy to greet back. I shake my head slightly and sigh, "So, the day says you have a meeting as in you have to go to lunch with Kristoff Empire's CEO Jayden Kristoff, other than that you are clear for the day." He hums, picks up the cup and starts sipping on the coffee. I watch him carefully. His mesmerizing blue eyes, those dark brown hair and that one hair strand falling of his forehead, making him the most handsome specimen ever created by God but the next minute he opens his mouth, all his beautiful features go in some fucking drain.

"What is it Miss Pierce?" his voice breaks me out of my trance.

I watch him lick his lips after sipping on the coffee and suddenly it was difficult to breathe next to him. That minor action had me going weak. Was it because I haven't been near male specimens for a longer time or was it because the male specimen was Jeremy? God took extra effort in carving Jeremy Langford and was so busy on his gorgeous face that he forgot to add even a dash of personality.

I mean which lady on earth could tolerate snorting and groaning all the time!

"umm... nothing Sir", I reply "I better get going, Do you want to make any changes?"

He shakes his head, "nothing so far but please check on the reservation update for that international multi-cuisine restaurant for today's meeting. The elder Kristoff has a thing for food and I like the project."

Ahh ! I see this hot shot handsome knows psychology manipulation tricks.

I grin, "sure, will do that."

"and yes, review the monthly departmental stats reports and pass them to me once they are done."

I nod, "alright, noted."

I excuse myself and was at the door, my hand on the knob when his voice comes from the back, "I hope your new phone is working, Miss Pierce." An involuntary smile graces my lips yet I purse my lips and turn. His gaze was on his laptop screen but one could easily sense this handsome idiot's fake attention. I smile sweet and genuine, "yes it is, all thanks to you, Sir."

With that I turn around and leave his cabin but not before earning a chuckle from him. Once in my cabin, I shut the door and lean on it, trying to calm down my racing heartbeat. Ugh ! this handsome idiot, Screw you Jeremy!