chapter eighteen

Jeremy

Otherwise I hate the wastage of coffee but when it felt down my blue shirt and I unintentionally called Lily in my cabin whilst I was wiping it off my trunk I was thankful for that wastage this particular time. I swear to God it was purely unintentional and it slipped out of my mind that I wasn't wearing any shirt and I had called her.

And for sure I had no intention of kissing her but the frustration of not being able to do anything when she was looking smoking hot in that red dress at gala had made my mind go error-fucking-404. It wasn't fair that she gets to play with my sanity while doing nothing. Her mere presence fucked my brains out and I hated her for that.

But I was one hell of a fucker looking for an opportunity to kiss her. I knew I crossed a boundary but hell it never felt so fucking good, even if it was a measly light touch of her lips at first and a little more than light and lesser than deeper touch, still made me feel like some luckiest shitpiece out in the world.

The kiss was my penance of all those years I had been counting. I wanted more but I know I should wait and that it was going to be so worth it because Lily was not going anywhere for another year since her contract with company says so and I was sure as hell that if I got this one chance there were going to be another chances where I could do what should be done.

Her lips were the same, the same ones I'd kissed before, the ones I remember, my first kiss and the only kiss I'd ever had among the existing female population of the planet. I hate the fact that she has this effect over me and I have to pretend that everything is fine in fact it is always far from fine when it comes to Lily.

The unmistakeable event after the kiss was the muffins. The iconic blueberry muffins made by Lily. I knew it was her; it had to be her because the ability to replicate the same taste was only in Lily's hands. I've tasted them back when she brought them to my home so one can say I knew the flavour.

I hated the fact that she thought I didn't want them because in reality I had been craving them ever since her come back. Lily had a magic when it came to sweets and baked stuff. She was a witch, baking sweets was her witchcraft and those awesome in taste goodies were her magical and poisonous potion. She can make anyone do anything she wants just by feeding them one drop or should I say one piece of her potion.

No one needed to know that I had taken them home, observed them for some good minutes thinking that maybe I was dreaming about them but had later realized that they were there, handmade, made by Lily- the witch herself. I could die a happy man, a diabetic one if Lily was to feed me these all along but hey, I keep tabs on my sweet consumption.

The only problem was that how could I ever make that little flower bring me more of them when she is convinced to hate me ever since, it was not like I had some special hate for her. She annoyed me the very same other humans did, other than the ones closer to me, off-fucking-course.

All night I dreamt about how world could have shown me the easier ways to reach her. It felt shitty that there was a time I was ready to chase her around the world but was later told that she barely existed. Years, I'd spent thinking Lily and I were done but seems like we had an incomplete timeline, and I was secretly wishing for one where we had normal lives, Lily had a normal life and that I'd be a part of it without any chaos around us, just us messing with each other.

The morning was rather slow for me as I couldn't come down the high of the sweets. The tires of my car screeched when I parked the car down the parking area of 'Kristoff Empire'. I had a meeting with Jayden and his executive design team so I had skipped going to my office. Texting Lily was easy but the anxiety of what message should be sent was one hell of a shit show.