Twilight

Evelyn's POV

It was the weekend, and I had just dragged myself out of bed. "Coffee?" Bella asked. "Yes! Please. Ugh! My head's killing me," I groaned, holding onto it. 

"Who asked you to stay up late all night studying?" Charlie chimed in and I groaned again joining him to the dining table.

"I'm a final year student, and the exams are nearing. I can't slack! Every day is crucial for me," I explained, sipping my coffee.

"Hey, got you another one," said Bella, handing Charlie another bottle of beer. "Thanks," He said, occupied with whatever he was doing with his gun.

"I have a date with Edward Cullen," Bella announced nervously. "He's a little old for you, isn't he?" Charlie quipped, and I couldn't help but chuckle. 

"Wayy too old," I added, thoroughly amused.

"No! He's a junior. I'm a junior. I thought you liked the Cullens," defended Bella. "I thought you didn't like any of the boys in town," Charlie questioned.

"Edward doesn't live in town. Technically. He's right outside," She clarified. "He is?" I asked, genuinely surprised. "Yeah, he wanted to meet you, officially," replied Bella.

"All right. Bring him in," Charlie said, nonchalantly loading his gun. "Could you be nice? He's important," Bella pleaded, and he gestured for her to bring him in.

"Chief Swan. Eve," Edward greeted, making his entrance. "I want to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward Cullen," he said, extending his hand. 

"Hi, Edward," said Charlie as they shook hands. "Bella won't be out too late tonight. She's just gonna play baseball with my family," Edward explained. 

"Baseball?" my dad asked, thoroughly amused. "Yes, sir, that's the plan," Edward replied. "Bella's gonna play baseball. Well, good luck with that," Charlie scoffed. 

"I'll take good care of her. I promise. If you don't trust me, you can send Eve along with her," Edward suggested, trying to ease the Chief's concerns.

"Oh, no! What the heck?! No way," I exclaimed, and then Charlie swooped in, grabbing my hands. "Perfect! I'd feel way more secure if she tagged along," he declared, and I let out a whine. 

"But Dad, I'm seriously running on empty here," I complained.

"Come on, for me, baby," he whispered, and I groaned. "Okay, fine, just this once," I replied with a pout. 

"That's my girl! Now, hustle up and get ready," Charlie said, giving my back a reassuring pat.

Fast forward~~

"And when did vampires become baseball enthusiasts?" Bella questioned, as we shivered at the freezing location. 'I can't handle this cold, seriously.' 

"Well, it's the great American pastime, and there's a thunderstorm on the horizon. It's the only time we can play. You'll understand soon enough," Edward explained, and the Cullens dove into a game of baseball.

Another Quick Jump Ahead~~ 

Apologies, folks, blame my laziness.

"Stop!" Alice commanded, bringing the baseball match to an abrupt halt. "They were about to leave when they caught wind of us," she revealed. 

"Fantastic, just what I needed. We've got company, right?" I sighed.

"Yep, three of them up there," Emmett confirmed. "Time to roll," Edward declared, dragging me and Bella away. "It's too late," Carlisle added, sending a chill down my spine.