Let Me Rest Already

Evelyn's POV

Bree ventured into the world, with the Denali coven. During the reception, they embraced her with open arms, charmed by her presence. 

"My baby, I hope she's happy," I thought, as my concerns for her melted away.

Amidst trying to escape the haunting echoes of past trauma, a call from Bella interrupted my day 15 days after their wedding. 

"Hey babe, what's up?" I inquired, trying to maintain a normalcy.

"Come to the Cullens residence," Bella urged, her voice tinged with anxiety. "Huh? When did you arrive? Does Charlie know?" I questioned, swiftly making my way to the car.

"No... Sis, can you please... hurry up...? I'm feeling scared," Bella pleaded. 

With a change of heart, I opted for the broomstick mode of transportation, arriving at the Cullens' house within minutes.

Opening the door, I sensed an unusual heaviness in the air. "Why is everyone so gloomy? When I should be the one sad?" I mused, making my way to the first-floor living space. 

My eyes widened as I beheld Bella, who sported a perplexing light bump. "Well, this is unexpected," I remarked, thoroughly amused by the peculiar turn of events.

"Wow! Edward didn't know you still had it in you...!" I joked, raising an eyebrow. "Just check her," Carlisle calmly suggested. 

"Wait, are you being serious?!" I exclaimed in surprise, and he nodded with a deadpan expression. "Is this even possible?" Bella questioned, prompting me to call Vivienne. 

After a few rings,  "Can a vampire and a human have kids?" I asked and she hung up without answering.  "Nope, I don't think so," I announced to the others. 

"Are you sure you're pregnant, Bella?" I asked, skeptical. "I swear, sister, I can feel something moving inside of me," She replied, nodding.

Sighing, I placed my hand on her stomach. The creatures moved, and I nodded to myself, removing my hand. "What?! What is it?!" Edward asked urgently. 

"It's death!" I replied nonchalantly.

"If you're joking, this ain't funny!" He retorted. "No! I swear on my name, Priscilla. The first thing I felt after coming in contact with that... um... thing... is death!" I emphasized.

Bella sat down on the couch next to me, and Alice proposed removing "it." "What? No!" Rosalie objected. "Stop! It's not your place to decide!" Esme intervened, silencing the debate.

Bella played with her fingers and looked at me. "You want to keep it?" I asked, and she nodded. "Hm... what's the problem? Let's keep it. It'll be fine," I nonchalantly suggested, eliciting groans from everyone.

"Evelyn, you're becoming more and more like Vivienne lately," Carlisle sighed, holding his head.

"I mean... I don't know... my instincts are telling me that it'll be alright, so it's fine," I shrugged and sat on the sofa next to my sister. 

"What shall we name the baby?" I grinned at Bella, and she giggled. The unexpected turn of events turned the room into a mixture of confusion and laughter.

Time Skip~~~~

A few days have passed, and I've practically set up camp at the Cullens'. Bella's nestled against me on the sofa, my hand soothing her discomfort with a dash of supernatural comfort.

Meanwhile, my other hand is deep into an ancient grimoire, desperately searching for answers to my baby sister's mysterious situation.

"The dog's here!" Rosalie scoffs, prompting a chuckle from Emmett. "Evie, are you okay with him coming in?" Carlisle asked concerned.