Secret's Finally Out

Evelyn's POV

It had been a week since the kissing incident, and an unspoken tension lingered between the two of us. "What are you looking at?!" Jacob demanded.

"Ah! Nothing..." I replied, focusing back on my book. "What does this mean?" Seth, reading alongside me, questioned. Our eyes met, and he smiled.

'Damn, he's so bright!' I couldn't resist hugging him and kissed his cheeks. "Seethh ma baby, you're sooo cute..." I exclaimed, rubbing our cheeks.

'Awww, I want to bite him already!' Paul intervened with a smack.

"Ouch! Why would you do that?" I protested, rubbing my head. "Let him go already!" Leah snapped. "Can't you see he's troubled?" Embry added, and I glanced at Seth.

"Are you troubled?" I asked, confused. Seth smiled and shook his head. "I'm fine," he assured. "Awwww, my baby, I want to take him home and lock him away," I teased, and he giggled.

"Both of you are unbelievable!" Sam sighed, exasperated at our antics.

Jacob shot daggers our way, but we chose to ignore him. "If looks could kill, I'd probably be dead by now," Seth trembled, glancing at Jacob, making me chuckle.

"Don't worry about him. He's just jealous that you stole away his girlfriend," I remarked. "Who's my girlfriend?! Don't compliment yourself so much!" Jacob scoffed, and I laughed.

"I'm sorry! I forgot Bella's the only one for you!" I said, amused. Despite my smile, my heart didn't share the sentiment.

"She is the only one for me!" Jacob declared sternly, and I squeezed my palms.

"If so, it would be good for you to stop ignoring her!" I retorted coldly. "What were you talking about?" Shifting my gaze away and putting on a smile. I asked Seth.

"What a change in personality!" Quil remarked. "She really adores Seth!" Jared added. "He must be special!" Embry smirked at Jacob, who responded by flipping him off.

"What's Imprinting?" Seth innocently inquired, and the mood grew suffocating. "Huh?! Where's it?" I asked, and he pointed at the last paragraph.

"Hmm? I don't know either. I haven't read about it yet," I replied, and he nodded. "Sam!! What's an Imprint?" I asked.

Leah's expression turned sour. She transformed into a wolf and departed. "Did we ask something wrong?" I asked confused, and Seth shrugged.

"Leah is Sam's Ex. They were lovers since high school. But then Sam imprinted or something on Emily and broke up with her," Seth explained in a hushed tone.

"Oi, you idiots! We can still hear you clearly!" Jacob interjected. "We're wolves, you know. We have good hearing," Paul added, and I chuckled nervously.

"Anyway, tell me what's an Imprint?" I asked, a serious tone lacing my words. "No! It's not something you need to know!" Jacob insisted sternly, earning a glare from me.

"It's not for you to decide. Shut up!" I retorted, redirecting my gaze to Sam. "If you people won't tell me, I'll go to Carlisle, he'll spill the beans." I threatened, and Sam sighed.

"Sam! No!" Jacob protested, shaking his head.

"It's something she'll find out sooner or later. If I don't, she'd run to the vampires. I'd rather spill the wolfy beans myself," Sam reasoned.

Jacob, in a fit of agitation, kicked a chair, breaking it, and dashed off somewhere. "Why is he so agitated today?" Seth questioned.

"Who knows, maybe because his sisters are home?" Paul speculated.