Happy Birthday, Maybe not..?

Evelyn's POV

It was Bella's birthday, so Charlie and I decided to surprise her. Despite getting into Harvard for being the top student in the state, I opted for the local college in Forks, much to their delight.

We knocked on her door, entering together. "Happy birthday," We chimed in unison. Bella clicked her tongue upon seeing us.

"I thought we agreed, no presents," She remarked, and I quickly raised my hands in surrender. "I didn't get you anything. I swear," I insisted.

"Well, the one from me's not wrapped, so it doesn't count," Charlie slyly handed her a camera. "That's actually great. Thanks, Dad," Bella responded happily.

"It goes with this one from your mom. We coordinated," Charlie explained, handing her a photo album. "Yeah right, more like Renee coordinated you," I scoffed.

"It's to put your pictures in from senior year," I added. "Senior year..." She sighed, taking it. "How'd you get so old so fast?" Dad questioned. "I didn't. It's not that old!" Bella retorted.

"I don't know. Is that a gray hair?!" he pointed playfully at her hair. "No!! No way!" she exclaimed, rushing to the mirror to check. Charlie and I snickered, high-fiving each other.

"Happy birthday," Charlie said as we left the room. "That's really funny," she muttered sarcastically, and I couldn't help but laugh. "Get ready, I'll drop you," I said, and we headed out. 

As we arrived at her school in my black car, her friends greeted us.

"It's Bella. Bella! Evelyn!" They called out, and we joined the cheerful welcome. "Hey, how are you guys doing?!" I asked, stepping into the birthday festivities.

"We're fine, but you look different," Noted Mike. The high school drama continued with a touch of college flair.

"Seriously?" I quizzed, eyeing my reflection, and they gave a confirming nod

"Well, as a college student, this level of preparation is crucial. I can't risk becoming the campus outcast!" I retorted with a sly grin.

"Let's picture this moment. My mom's demanding a scrapbook bursting with memories," Bella proposed.

"Absolutely!" they agreed. "Hand it over, I'll be the photographer," I declared, snagging the camera from Bella. She squeezed between them, and I captured the moment.

"Mmm, that turned out surprisingly good," I looked at the pic, nodding. "Great, Cullen's on the scene," Eric observed. "Catch you later," Jessie waved, and they dispersed.

"Happy birthday," Edward greeted, wrapping her in a hug. I scrambled over, leaning casually on my car. "Let's not dwell on that," she replied, shaking her head.

"Hmm. Bella, your birth is definitely a cause for celebration," Edward remarked. "Sure, but the aging part—not so much," she pouted. "Aging?" I chuckled, and we shared a laugh.