Getting Over Fear

Evelyn's POV

"Why am I here?" I asked, sitting down again. Everyone got serious, and I got nervous. "Did I mess up?" I asked.

Then they moved the table. Me, Embry, Jared, Quil, and Paul sat in a circle. Sam, Jacob, Seth, Leah, and Emily sat on the table.

"We brought you here to help you with something," Sam said, and I frowned. "Are we doing magic stuff?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Nope, nothing like that," Jacob said, casually munching on an apple. "Then what?" I asked. "To help you not be scared of dogs," Embry said, and I groaned.

"I don't get why you're so scared of us!" Jared exasperated. "More like really, really scared," Leah added, scoffing.

"But you're cool with those blood-suckers!" Jacob said, annoyed, and I nervously laughed. 

"I mean, they're decent." I shrugged, earning disapproving stares. "Decent? We're top-tier! Jake, tell her!" Quil exclaimed, and I couldn't help but laugh. 

"You guys are peak hotness, no doubt."

"You treat us like monsters," Jared said. "Yeah, it kinda hurts our feelings," Paul, sitting next to me, pouted. "Sorry..." I said, patting him.

"Why are you scared of us?" He asked. I sighed and shared about being alone since I was twelve and a mean neighbor's dog.

"This guy had me scared out of my wits. I'd bolt for the door, even if there was a giant fence between us."

"I remember it vividly, like it happened yesterday. I was just 14. He leaped over the fence, charging at me. I'd never been so terrified for my life."

"He started growling, and before I could react, he lunged, mouth wide open, biting as he jumped at me."

"I hit the ground, shielding my face. It felt like hours until Renee heard the commotion, wielding a stick, and rescued me from the ordeal."

I shared my story, and they all listened intently, the room falling silent. 

"Say something!" I urged, and Embry stood up.

"Evelyn, I'm on a mission to help you conquer this fear!" hH declared with determination, and I sweatdropped, slipping away from Paul's hold. 

'Thanks, but no, I'd rather not.'

"Yeah, we can't let you be scared forever!" Jared chimed in. "Count us in to help you through it," added Quil. 

"Don't worry. I've trained my dog." Leah smirked, which somehow didn't assure me. "Seth, bring Eddie over here!" Paul ordered, and I stood up.

 "Seth, bring Eddie over here!" Paul ordered, and I stood up

(The dog Eddie!!)

"Anything but that," I pleaded, backing away. Unfortunately, I bumped into Jacob, who was casually leaning against the wall. "Go on, give him a pat," He insisted, holding my shoulders.