Twilight Breaking Dawn II

Evelyn's POV

The night of Christmas Eve arrived, and the atmosphere was charged with anticipation as Jacob tossed some firewood into a bundle, the flames casting flickering shadows across the gathering. 

With a swift flick of his wrist, Benjamin demonstrated his impressive skill, igniting the wood with ease. "That's what I'm talkin' about," Jacob remarked, settling himself on a log by the fire. 

As I moved to sit next to him, he stopped me with a playful gesture. "Come on," he said, patting his lap invitingly. "I can sit on my own..." I replied hesitantly.

Jacob smirked, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "I'll keep you warm," he offered, his voice low and tempting. "I still don't wanna sit on your lap," I retorted, crossing my arms in defiance.

Undeterred, Jacob spread his legs, creating a space between them. "You can sit in between them," he suggested, playfully.

'That doesn't sound that bad.'

Blushing furiously, I hesitated for a moment before giving in to his offer, settling myself in the cozy space between his legs. 

"Hmm... you smell great," Jacob murmured, pulling me close as his arms wrapped around my waist, the warmth of his embrace enveloping me like a comforting blanket.

As we sat by the bonfire, surrounded by allies and friends, Jacob gestured towards the vampires from the Amazon with a grin. 

"A little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories," he remarked, before adding with a chuckle, "Or just standing there like frickin' statues," eliciting laughter from the group gathered around. 

In that moment, despite the looming confrontation with the Volturi, there was a sense of camaraderie and solidarity among us,

Around the roaring bonfire, the Cullens and their allies gathered, their faces illuminated by the flickering flames as they shared their own tales of valor and sacrifice. 

Each story added to the growing sense of camaraderie, their spirits burning as brightly as the fire that crackled before them, preparing their hearts for the battle that loomed ahead.

Lost in the warmth of the fire and the company of friends, Jacob's breath was warm against my neck as he leaned in close. 

"Evelyn," he whispered, his voice barely above a murmur as he took a deep sniff of my scent. "Hm..?" I hummed in response, turning to meet his gaze as he nuzzled against my neck, his hold tightening around me.

"Happy birthday..." 

'Birthday, huh..?

Time seemed to blur as the night wore on, the anticipation of battle hanging heavy in the air. And then, with the dawn, came the call to arms.

Time Skip~~~

IT'S WAR, BABY.

"Hey. Baby, it's all right. You're gonna be safe," Bella reassured her daughter for what seemed like the hundredth time, her voice filled with concern.

"Why don't you tell that to yourself?!" I scoffed, frustration bubbling within me as I mounted my broom and elevated myself into the air, seeking a wider view of the unfolding scene below.

"The Redcoats are coming!"

"Aro's looking for Alice," Edward replied solemnly, his gaze fixed on the Volturi who stood opposite the Cullens and their allies. 

The silence between the two factions was deafening, each side sizing up the other with cautious intensity.

"Okay!! Representatives of each group, step up!!" I clapped my hands, drawing the attention of both sides.