01 | have we met before?

01 | "It's her! God, it's her! Hide me!"

Silently, barely audibly, the girl hums in contentment

Silently, barely audibly, the girl hums in contentment. She pulls up the accounting department group chat, seeing everyone write down the things Yerin needs to do today. She responds with a happy 'okay!', and the hardworking Yerin closes it after. Of course, Yerin wasn't that busy away from work life, so there was not much of her private life. All she'd do is watch cartoons, eat noodles, oh,

and fangirl.

Of course, not over just anyone. There was a black-haired boy who had joined one of the company's departments just over a year ago. It was the simple explanation of "Love at first sight," although she believed that it shouldn't have been. Every night, the girl giggles at the singular photo she has of him from the company introductions website.

"He's so cute..." as she opens the photo app, his photo is in the favorites section. He wears his lanyard, glasses propped against his nose. However, when someone walks past her, humming a soft song, she gives herself a slap on the cheek and swiftly powers down her phone. "That's enough, Ms. Cha. You're going crazy again."

She picks up all the documents, shuffling them together. However, her growing smile can't deny that the crush she's had for over a year... has grown every day.

You could say that she's never seen him before, but she sees him every morning. In the cramped elevator, she's at the back, seeing the back of his suit as he tidies his outfit. Maybe it was the heat of bodies on her white-button up or it was genuine love, but that was the only time she had to get the daily dose of her work crush.

"YERIN!"

"Yes, sir!" the girl stammers as she holds everyone's papers in her hands, a sudden sticky note on her forehead. The accounting head watches her with wide eyes, pointing to the decorative paper in her hands. "I'm here, sir! What's the matter?"

"How's salary management going?" he asks her, causing her to nod. "Fine? I'm sorry that I'm giving you this today. My girlfriend and I are going out to dinner tonight for our third anniversary, and as always, you're my most trusted worker."