08 | drank, drunk... drink?

08 | "I can't help myself!"

The two drink together, smiling as they get along

The two drink together, smiling as they get along. Yerin can barely take a sip to not make sure Jaeyun spends a lot (since he offered to pay.) She crosses her feet, whistling lowly. Yerin looks around the place. She found it a nice spot to bring Sunghoon if he'd ever want to go again. "Did you put Mrs. Sim into the center yourself?"

Jaeyun nods, grimacing at his big chug of alcohol. Pushing up his glasses towards his nose, he smiles. "Yes, I had no choice. I struggle to get good jobs, and most of them I've quit because I have to help my mother. So, since I can't take care of her while I'm at work, I let her go there. She stays often, for weeks. So, I visit her so that she can still see her son! Me!"

Yerin found him cute. His intentions were usually innocent, well, besides the part that he'd try harder to get her attention. In addition, Yerin thought that if she had to choose between her and Jaeyun, well,

it'd be Sunghoon.

What did you expect?! She's smitten, don't ask me why!

"You must love your mother a lot, right?"

"She's the only one I had growing up," He nods in agreement, eyes sparkling at the thought of his mother. Mrs. Sim was a great woman, Yerin must admit. She seemed strict. She was kind, though. "For her to be a mother, she sacrificed a lot for me. So, I should help her when I can. That's why I came here!"

Yerin chuckles. "Oh, right. Did you get the job?"

"Yep! I mentioned you briefly, so thank you for allowing me to use your name," The two laugh together, taking another swig of beer. "I invited her for dinner tonight, Department Head Choi so that you'd feel more comfortable. However, she said that she didn't want to go so that we could enjoy it."

 "She's dating the accounting head, also known as my boss," His mouth shapes into an 'o', taking in the knowledge. "Department Head Park."

"I see, do you think they're on a date right now?"

"They have scheduled days they go on dates. Yeojin likes to be organized whereas Jongseong kind of hates it," Yerin explains, looking at the time. "They go out every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. On other days, Yeojin and I hang out. We're somewhat roommates. She comes over now and then."