05 | flushed and freaked out

05 | "We're

05 | "We're... NEIGHBORS?"

"Thank you both for working so hard today!" They wave to the lady, the receptionists waving behind her as they fan over Sunghoon

"Thank you both for working so hard today!" They wave to the lady, the receptionists waving behind her as they fan over Sunghoon. "See you tomorrow!"

"Bye, Miss Oh!" Yerin bows once more, walking with Sunghoon in the dark afternoon. Since it was winter, the night would become earlier in the afternoon, so together, they'd occasionally touch shoulders while they walk to subdue their chilly limbs. It was near the end of the month, and both knew that on Monday, their lives would go back to normal. 

To Yerin, it felt like a secret. Together, with her crush and everyone's favorite worker, she felt like she won the lottery and that it should be kept private. She wanted it to be their thing, their favorite thing.

To Sunghoon, he wanted to tell the world that he was finally making progress with his crush. Neither had official private lives besides from the lives they had from work, so to be hanging out together... ecstasy fills Sunghoon's heart at her sweet smile that she shared with the children today.

The two wait at the bus stop for the last bus to arrive. Turning to her, he smiles. "How was your first day at your volunteer job, Ms. Cha?"

She turns to him as well, sharing the grin. "It was fun. How about you Mr. Park?"

"I'd say the same!" They turn back to the bus. However, Sunghoon was urged to pop the question. The question starts with 'Can I' and ends with 'Walk you home?' It was hard for him to even ask her if he could walk with her to the bus stop, not because she'd definitely say yes but because he thought she'd say no! Can you believe that? (God, I can't...)

However, he does after a minute of freaking out about it. "How about I walk you home? It's late, and I don't want to leave you by yourself."

Yerin couldn't resist the offer, but she hesitates. What if she seemed needy? What if it became obvious that she liked him? Though everyone could see it but them, she nods. "If that's okay with you, sure!"

"Then, let's go," The bus arrives with his words, the two getting on together. As they sit together, centimeters apart, they're tenser than the ride in the morning. Sitting with their hands on their laps, Yerin gulps while Sunghoon looks at his hands. As Yerin watches the night scenery, her hands feel sweaty and antsy. Even her body aches for a conversation.