17 | crossing the line

17 | "If you

17 | "If you... don't make it clear, I'll cross the line!"

"Sunghoon!" As the black-haired worker steps right outside of the revolving doors, a girl calls out to him

"Sunghoon!" As the black-haired worker steps right outside of the revolving doors, a girl calls out to him. Even though the tone was different, Sunghoon hoped that it was Yerin. However, Woong, who was the voice behind him, appears. The boy's smile falters but not entirely, and to keep a kind distance, he steps back once she makes his way towards him. Facing each other, Woong giggles. "Do you want to eat dinner together?"

"Dinner?" Sunghoon replies, repeating the only word that stands out to him. Deep inside he was hoping to be with Yerin tonight, but he remembers in that instant that she had escaped with Jaeyun to drink. Even then, Sunghoon didn't feel like fueling Woong's desires. He had experienced this many times with different women, all of which he turned down. Woong wasn't going to be an exception. "Sorry, I'm a bit busy tonight."

Sunghoon doesn't leave room for talk, but at Woong's words, he stops. "You like Ms. Cha, right? I was thinking about it, but I know that you wouldn't go with anyone because you're waiting for her," Woong then giggles, shaking her head. "The other coworkers told me about how you professed your love for her a few minutes ago. If I knew any earlier, I'd stop chasing you."

Sunghoon fully turns once more, a frown on his face. "I'm sorry, Woong. She's the one I love."

"You shouldn't be apologetic for love. It's not something you can control," Woong crosses her arms. "You know, she loves you too. She's holding back because she must've said something wrong. Most of us want someone loyal, someone, who can stay by our side. I hope that you stay loyal to Ms. Cha."

The boy nods happily, eyes crinkled. "I will always love Yerin. More than myself."

"Good. It better stay that way!" Woong then moves forward, placing her hands around his neck. Sunghoon widens his eyes, stunned. "Or else, I'll kill you for making my celebrity cry!"

"Yeah, I got it!" Sunghoon pries her hands off his neck, scared of the woman's threat. Although Sunghoon knew there would never be a time Woong's words would be true, it still scared him enough to ask her a few questions. "On that note, do you know where Yerin went?"