09

maeve woke up to birds chirping outside her window, she checked her phone to find it was 12pm she'd only been asleep for a couple hours.

but she had a text from the man who had been ignoring her all morning.

hello kitty

8:32am

are you alright?
will and yaz told me what happened

she smiled, but was still upset he hadn't answered her earlier, she didn't know why she was so sad about it.

hello kitty

8:32am

are you alright?
will and yaz told me what happened

12:08pm

hi
im okay now i had a nap
but i feel gross
seen

typing...

she felt nervous for some reason. she didn't want to bring it up and come across as clingy, that's the last thing she'd want him to think, even if it was true.

hello kitty

12:08pm

hi
im okay now i had a nap
but i feel gross

im glad you're feeling better
maybe take a shower and just
chill out today

i will, thanku kit <3

yeah
seen

maeve blinked at the screen. that was it? just.. 'yeah'.
she couldn't help but feel embarrassed, now she wished she hadn't sent the heart. maybe it was too much but she did that with everyone she texted.

she got out of bed and went into the bathroom, staring at herself in the mirror with a sense of dread.
her plan today was to get rid of her soberness and forget about her problems.

so thats exactly what she did. 5 shots and a joint later mae was happier than she'd been at any point that day. she'd told herself before she drank that she would stay off her phone but as she sat on the balcony of wills apartment, rolling another joint for herself, that quickly became a loose promise.

she lit it up and opened her phone, calling someone random from her contacts.

"hello?"

"hiii!" she giggled, taking a hit from her joint.

"maeve? you sound happy."

"yeahh i am!" she hiccuped, slurring her words slightly.

the man on the other side of the phone became concerned.

"are you drunk?"

"mhmm and high got a joint this my second one." she giggled again.

"oh dear, love. you know its only like 2pm right?"

"i know," she frowned, getting upset. "but will isn't gonna be home till later and i felt lonely. todays a bad day i dont even-" she hiccuped again, "i dont even know who i called.."

"it's kit. you're having a bad day?"

she seemed to completely miss the name as she zoned out.

"hm?"

"you're having a bad day? tell me about it, love."

"my friends ignorin' me n' i got catcalled by a guy on my walk.. he touched my hair n' he called me a slut.."
she sighed. "ended up havin' a panic attack right next to the road n' will had to stay on the phone with me for like aaages.."

"oh-"

"and! i got a text from m' friend and all he said at the end was 'yeah' and now i feel upset cause i really like him he's nice n' i feel like he's mad at me but," she hiccuped again, trying to remember what she was saying. "but i dunno what i did i don't want him to think m' clingy if i ask him about it though cause i am but- wait where am i going with this.."

kit listened to her ramble with a frown on his face. he wasn't intending to make her feel upset, and he definitely wasn't mad at her. he just didn't know how to respond to his feelings so he naturally tried distancing himself from her in hopes that they'd subside, but thats the complete opposite to what he wants.

"maeve, i'm not mad at you. i'm sorry for making you feel like that was the case when it absolutely isn't."

"b-but i want him- kit. i want kit to say that."

"love," he giggled a little, "it is kit, you've been talking to me."

"oh nooo don't- forget anything i just told you!" she panicked.

"nono maeve, it's okay-"

the call ended abruptly and kit stared at his phone with a sigh. his eyebrows nit together as he looked around, not knowing what to do. he opened his messages, smiling at the name mae gave herself in his phone.

mae destroyer of worlds

3:12pm

hey, text me when you're ready alright?
i promise you it's all okay
you dont need to worry
delivered

kit rubbed his hands over his face in frustration. he didn't know why his first reaction to catching feelings for someone was to immediately try and distance himself but he felt so guilty. he'd just never felt this way for someone and it was scary to him.
it was just bad timing, really. he felt horrible for ignoring her when she was having a day like this. he just hoped she'd forgive him.

a/n: woo another chapter enjoy i've fed u now
pls vote if u like :)