18

maeve didn't stay for long, not wanting to get in the way as they were all busy so she left after lunch. she'd gotten an uber as she felt tired and as soon as she got home she fell to the couch an immediately drifted to sleep.

maeve woke up hours later with will poking her side, crouched down next to her.

"hey, mae. have a nice sleep?" he layed on the couch next to her and she cuddled into him.

"guess so." he giggled, pulling his phone seeing a text from yaz.

"wanna come to a party? yaz organised it."

"i dunno."

"come on, it'll be fun!"

she groaned, mumbling at him and picking herself up off the couch to quickly shower and get changed.

she looked at herself in the mirror once she'd gotten out and frowned, walking out of the bathroom and into her room to change.

"ready to go?"

"yeah."

the two walked out of the apartment and to his car, maeve stared at the streets outside feeling tired and groggy from her long nap.

"who's gonna be there?"

"most of the cast, if not all and then whoever yaz invited. could be any amount of people."

maeve was silent as they drove. she wasn't in a very sociable mood currently but she didn't want to bring will down so she just went along with it. she figured she could hide in a room somewhere alone until it ended.

will pulled up and they walked inside, getting to the building yaz had used.

the door swung open and yaz stood there with a massive smile, pulling maeve into her to give her a side hug.

"hi gorgeous! glad you came!"

maeve smiled and hugged her back, walking inside where music was playing and suddenly she felt very overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people.

she turned around but the two had already disappeared, she didn't see there anywhere in her vision and she felt slighly panicked.
she breathed a little and stepped back bumping into someone.

"oh no, im really sorry," she hurried out turning around and looking up, meeting familiar brown eyes.

"chill out darling, it's alright. you okay?" kit grabbed her shoulder looking at her with concern.

"um," she looked down at her hands, shaking her head. "no."

"too much?" she nodded and kit took her hand, leading her outside to the balcony, where luckily no one had already occupied.

"it's okay, you can relax." kit sat her down on the chair, putting her bag on the small table.

maeve pulled out her tobacco and rolled a smoke, trying to calm her breathing while kit rubbed her back.

"you alright now then, love?" kit crouched down to her level, making eye contact.

she nodded, "thank you. m'really sorry. you can go back inside if you want."

kit shook his head laughing a little, "absolutely not. no way i'm leaving you out here, missy."

in a way maeve felt a sense of relief. she enjoyed his presence and he brought her a lot of comfort just by being near her.

"thank you." maeve wrapped her arms around him, burying her head in hid shoulder.

kit rubbed her back, giving her a squeeze before letting go.