The cold, hard truth

Y/n's POV:

*Tw self-harm and mention drugs*

No no no, this can't be happening. I risked my job for her, for these feelings.

Her eyes finally opened, tears falling down her face.

I instantly cupped her face with my hands, making her look me in the eyes, my voice softens as I spoke, "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Her cries muffled as she rested her head on my shoulder for a few moments before removing it. She spoke in between sobs, "I have to tell you something, but please don't get mad."

Tell me something? Tell me what? Is she going to leave me again? I nodded for her to continue. Afraid of what she has to say.

"That night...." "The night I came to yours unannounced. With blood on my hands, you asked no questions, you just comforted me." She sighed, struggling to get it out.

Her eyes filled with sadness.

"You don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable," I weakly smiled, pulling her into me. Embracing her into a tight hug.

"I need to tell you. I want to tell you." She spoked, pulling away from the hug and locking eyes with me. "A guy tried to rape me. And..... And I killed him. I panicked and killed him. I didn't mean to. I didn't want to, but I lost control. I lost control Y/n. I killed someone I wasn't assigned to kill." She sobbed.

Assigned to kill? What's that's supposed to mean. I frowned my eyebrows in confusion, "assigned to kill?"

"I'm an assassin. I kill people for a living...." She spoke, her voice trailing off. "But I left. I told them I'm out of the game. That's what I needed to do that night. I quit. I knew I couldn't still be in the game and be with you. It would be too dangerous."

She's an assassin, wai- wha- she left for me. Aw that's sweet. What no y/n your meant to be a detective and she gets paid to kill peo- wait how many people has she killed.

"How many people have you killed?" I asked curiously, kinda afraid of the answer.

"To many to count," she laughs, did she seriously just laugh about that.

"You did-" I start to say before I'm pulled out by my phone ringing.

I pick up my phone just to see work calling. Seriously, this is like such bad time. I roll my eyes, answering the call.

"Hi sir, is everything alright?" I asked, hoping it's about my suspension.

He didn't give me much, just told me to come in now for a talk.

I sighed frustrated and shot my eyes back at Natasha after ending the call, "that was work.... I need to go in but I will drop you off at home and meet you there." I give her a weak smile that she reciprocates with a small nod.

I open the door and hoop in the driver's side and take Natasha home then drove to work.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, I've never been so nervous in my life. I opened the big doors leading to the station and head down to his office.

I knock on the door gently and wait for a voice behind the door, but no answer. "Just the person I needed to see," he smiles from behind me. Reaching his arm around me to the door and opening it.

"I uh-" I stutter at the sudden closeness. He backs away quickly. He motions with his arm for me to enter, which I did. I take a seat on the chair I once sat at not so long ago.

He takes a seat in his normal chair, after shutting the door. "I've heard back about your suspension from higher up...." He trails off, my nervous higher at the sound of it.