Chapter 5

*Sweetrhylle*

Napatakbo ako pababa nang marinig ang ugong ng sasakyan. They must be here. My busy as the bee parents.

I stumbled in the last two steps of the stairs pero hindi iyon naging hadlang para salubungin sila.

I missed them already.. Even though we're not the typically family who's overly attached and affectionate with each other. They're still my parents. I do love them. Always.

They just got out in the car by the time I reached the garage.

"Mom, Dad." I happily greeted them both. My mother's eyes focused on me as well as my father's.

She smiled widely.

Her eyes shone brightly. "Sweetheart, how are you? I missed you."

Nagmano ako sa kanya. My family is what you called traditional. Instead of hugs or kiss on the cheeks, they prefer to still practiced "mano" even up to this day.  According to them, it is very respectful and very filipino.

"I'm fine, Mom." I replied. I walked closer to my dad and did the same. He just ruffles my hair that makes me groan but nevertheless, didn't complain.

Dad, unlike my mom, is a very scary man. Although he has this calm and composed demeanor. His aura really makes me afraid of him even though he's my one and only father. Growing up, we weren't close kahit naman ngayon. However, he doesn't make me feel less of a daughter. He treated me nicely and showered me everything I needed.

He's strict sometimes but he keeps his not so good opinion on his self and make my mother do the talking if ever I did or do something against their morals.

"That's good, sweety." I snapped my head to my mother when she utter that word.

Sweety. Why would I even remember him just by the word of it. It's not like it is the first time my mom called me that.

I shake my head. Get it together, Sweetrhylle! You shouldn't thinking about him.

We continued to walk inside our house. Tinulungan ko na rin si Mommy na bitbitin ang dala niyang bag. While my father, carry a suit case in his right hands. Probably, some documents and essential stuff.

"How's the trip?" I asked, both of them, not really excited of their answer. It's always the same.

Almost every month they went to numerous business trips for their business. Finding investors, closing a deal or having a client from the other side of the world and stuff needed to make the company more stable and expand tremendously since they never contented with how big it was.

Business field never really interest me. It's tiring and suffocating.

Imagine, sitting your ass for God knows how many hours and going in with plenty of stack of papers. Please people. Go to numerous trips, knowing that you're not there to relax ad have vacation but to work you ass off. Have your boss, looking at you like a hawk at hihintayin lang ang pagkakamali mo. And when that happened, boom! you're out. Easily replaced with a more effective and credible one.

Except, if you're the boss, that makes you fire people on your own accord, makes the decision and manipulate your time  the way you want it to be which also means more responsibility you carry.

But, not everyone is privilege enough to be the boss of their own.

"It's good and fun." My mom answered shortly. I tried my best not to sigh loudly as the answer is what I always heard and expected.

Good, fine, fun, or exhausting. It's either the four. It doesn't surprise me at all.

I just nodded slightly. My mom plopped down the sofa with a exhausting sigh. Wrinkles are already visible. They seemed stress.