Faction over blood

Pipers POV;

A hand snaked round my elbow. Shit.

I turned my gun, the end pushing into someone's torso. My body was pulled round to meet there eyes.

"I told you to copy everyone else Piper"

I rolled my eyes, of course it was him, "why couldn't you be Four" I muttered pulling away from his grasp. He didn't respond to that just kept his eyes on me, "I freaked out okay?"

"You should be on the train to abnegation with all the others" he paused turning his head to ensure no one was around, "that's where you'd find your precious Four"

Jealousy.

This man had played with my feelings, told me he cared for me, told me he didn't want to be with me and he still thought he had the right to be jealous.

"You really are something aren't you" I tutted after speaking and crossing my arms.

"And?" He stood straight again fixing his gun to his side.

"You think you have any right to be jealous?" I watched his face as I spoke, waiting for some sort of reaction, any reaction at all. I would literally take anything.

His eyes stayed stuck on the wall behind me looking over my head, his lips stayed in a straight line and his chest rising and falling all the same.

"You really don't care?" I stood closer, "because if you tell me you don't I will leave you alone this time, I will never go back do you understand?" He blinked once and kept his eyes trained ahead. His hand still on his gun.

I lifted my hand to his cheek, I knew I was hesitating his next move but I allowed myself to, he allowed me to. My fingers graced his cold cheekbone first followed by my palm laying comfortably on his cheek. Again he didn't move or react to my touch.

"Faction over blood" his voice was deep, unattached.

I creased my brows standing back. He still couldn't bear to look at me, I shook my head. "Fine, I don't fucking need you Peter Hayes." I grimaced as I spoke knowing the words weren't true.

I needed him more than anyone else.

He just couldn't see that.

Or perhaps he could and he is just an evil bastard. Perhaps he always has been and I'd been an idiot to trust him.

My feet kept moving until I'd successfully snuck out the dauntless compound. I held the large metal door as it closed making sure it didn't make any loud clang, desperate to avoid any attention.

I could hear my heart pound in my chest.

I went to walk around the metal railings and heard deep voices.

Eric.

"They kill as many as possible" he paused, I could hear their steps get closer, he's going to find me, "fuck it, kill all of them"

"Take out an entire faction?" My eyes widened. Abnegation.

"The whole fucking thing, they're too much of a risk to keep alive" I seen them walk past me, their backs in view as they kept walking and my head reaching up to cover my breathing. "Oh, and keep an eye on Tris prior. I don't trust her"

Tris had left with everyone else. Or at least that's what I'd thought I had seen, she must not be affected either, although, she stayed smart. Went with everyone else.

Perhaps she wasn't smart at all, one wrong move in a bunch of brain washed zombies would be very obvious.

I waited for Eric to be entirely out of sight and looked around for somewhere to go. I could head in the direction they went in, or in the direction of abnegation but then I'd surely be found out immediately. I looked ahead.