48. New beginning, but really though??

Gabriella

Finally, the day of the wedding is here. I was busy going through the last-minute revisions of all the decorations and preparations for the different events.

The wedding was going to be held in one of the oldest churches of Mexico, dating back to the Spanish conquistadores' days.

The theme was of the renaissance period so the church was decorated in all white and golden, every banner, curtain or other decorative items followed the theme.

I finished all my last-minute prep and once my mind was at peace that the preparations were airtight with no room for any mishap, I headed straight for Mirana's room.

The makeup artist was busy working on Mirana's makeup. In the meanwhile, I waited for the makeup to be done. After about 40 minutes from my arrival the makeup was done and the makeup artist left with her kit.

Mirana signalled me to help her wear the wedding dress. The dress was a pretty off shoulder mermaid shaped wedding gown. I helped her get dressed, but I wasn't ready for the next moment, it took my breathe away.

Mirana looked like a queen. Her dress and makeup were not over the top or royal, but the magic lied in the simplicity of things.

"Its almost time, you should also get ready

"Its almost time, you should also get ready. After all you are the maid of honour" Mirana reminded me and I proceeded to my room to get ready.
Since I was the bridesmaid, my dress was different from the rest of the group so that I can stand out and be highlighted.

I had chosen a puff sleeves light violet colour gown. I put on simple make, to just compliment Mirana's look and dressed in the gown. I tied my hair in a bun and paired my look with silver heels.
Mirana and I left for church together.

The Martinez family was already at the church, we were the last ones to arrive

On arrival I gave a bouquet of white peonies to Mirana as per the wedding customs.

I had handpicked these flower's for my best friend's special day to become even more vibrant and fragrant.
At the entrance, Mirana's dad was waiting for her. He takes Mirana's hand and they walk towards the alter.