Chapter five

Dani

When I woke up I was in a unfamiliar room with Gramms sleeping beside me. Sniffing I realized that we were still at the pack house, but how did we get in here? Then it came back to me, mom and dad were gone.

I would never hear their laughter, see their smiles, or listen to dad's awful jokes. I'll never get to eat mom's amazing home cooking, or feel their warm loving embraces ever again. I wish I could scream how unfair this is but that's war. Every warrior knows that there is a chance that they won't make it home.

That's why my parents would always make certain that I knew that they loved me. I don't know if that makes it worse or not but I will always carry them with me. Still it hurts so freaking much!

I want to go home but I'm scared to as well because then it will feel so empty. My house always felt welcoming, safe, and full of love.

Will I even be able to stay there or will I have to move into the packhouse?

Next to me my Gramms mumbles in her sleep, "Amanda....uve you."

As I watch a tear roll down her cheek I make my decision, which is probably what would have happened anyway. I will pack up our things, and move in with Gramms.

We'll probably sell the house, hopefully to a loving family so that way it will be a happy place for someone else. I have to tell mom's boss she passed away in an accident or something but how.... I start crying again.

I WANT MY MOM!! DAD I WISH YOU COULD HUG ME!! I lay back down curling into Gramms' side and even though she's still asleep she holds me.

Goddess help me through this.

Alpha Dante

When we get back to our packhouse, I have to immediately get to work. I have some people cook food for the others. I have my siblings go hangout in one of the living rooms, since I'm going to be busy here at the pack house. I dont want them at home alone without me.

Then I head to the hospital wing to confirm our dead. I will have to prepare funeral arrangements for each of our fallen warriors. When I have the list I go to every one of the families of each warrior, then break the news to them that they have fallen in battle.

It's not easy to tell someone that their loved one is gone but it has to be done. My Beta and Gamma are currently going around to make sure everyone is alright and that their needs, that we can help with, are addressed.

Our warriors that were able to make it back are being checked in the hospital before getting to go to their families. My dad's former Beta is seeing to them, "I have to make sure that no one's hiding injuries, that's how people lose limbs. Don't worry Alpha I got this, remember delegating tasks is important to ruling a pack. Otherwise you will wear yourself out in no time." He had said and I remember my dad saying something along those lines before.

By the time everything is seen to and nothing is left for the day, I can finally go home it's very late though. Closing the door to my office I look for my siblings.

I find them all passed out in one of the living rooms. They have made a huge blanket fort infront of the couches. I don't have the heart to wake them so I just lay on the comfy couch to let sleep take me.

-hey do you think that girl and her wolf are ok?

"I don't know Leo, I hope so"

-me too, I wish we could have said  bye or something.

"It couldn't be helped, we had to organize everything and we didn't know where she was"

-we could have asked Granny, but they were in so much pain.

"You heard her wolf crying out didn't you?"

-yes

"We can only hope Granny comes back"

-do you think she will want to move to the Crimson Moonlight pack?

"I don't know, I guess it's up to Dani"

-I know this is selfish but I hope they move here

"It is selfish but I want the same thing"

-you felt it too?

"Yeah but we dont know for sure if they are our mate so we should just play it cool"

-what does that mean?

"Just dont get too excited and focus on work and the kids. We really don't have time for romance anyway."

-im not saying to jump on her when..

"If"

-if they get here. Just keep an eye on her we dont want someone else to steal her away now do we?

"Dude ... never mind let me sleep I'm exhausted"

-fine but you know you want her as much as me

"Sleep Leo!"

-humph

Rolling my eyes at my wolf's ideas, I roll into a better position and close my eyes. The last thing I think of is Dani's face looking up at a star studded ceiling with a smile on her face.

I wake up a few hours later and head to my office, I have to finalize some of the details for the funerals. I also had an idea I wanted to run by my allies about maybe making a memorial at each of our pack houses. Each would have the names of the packs with the names of those who died. Maybe like an obelisk or a plaque with a statue of  wolves howling with the moon Goddess with them or something.

I just feel like it can be a reminder of those that we have lost through this whole thing. Somewhere we can go to see them, so we can say that "hey look there is good people who gave their lives to protect ours and our world."

I hope the others think it's a good idea too.