Chapter Thirteen

Dani

I listen to Maddie and Sonja make plans to have me sleep over as I eat my food. Occasionally I peek at Dante to see how he feels about this, and he's already looking at me.

"Sorry guys I gotta get going, is it ok if the kids hang out with you guys Granny?" He turns to Gramms once he finishes his food.

"Yes ofcourse they can, they can help me with the garden today." Gramms says and the kids seem excited enough.

"Ok sounds good be good guys, umm Dani can I talk to you for a second?" Dante asks before heading for the door, curious I get up to see what he wants. Behind me I her Jagger snort, but when I look back he's stuffing his face.

After we step outside he takes my hand leading me away from the house. "Sorry I just don't want my siblings budding in," he says looking nervous.

"Its ok, so what's up?" I ask trying not to blush but know I'm failing cause my ears are on fire.

"Umm ok so I was wondering if you'd be interested in going on a run with me tomorrow. There is this place I would like you to see, if you'd like," Dante fidgets and I smile shyly.

"That sounds fun, but what about the kids?" I ask not wanting them to be sad.

"Oh they will be taken care of so no worries there," he smiles and I'm dazzled by his eyes.

"When do I need to be ready?" I'm getting excited about this.

"How bout nine in the morning?" He almost sounds nervous that I will say no.

"I can't wait," I smile and he looks happy.

"I wish we could go right now but I got to get to work, I have to get things ready for tonight." He says and I feel like he wants to kiss me or something.

But before I can say or do anything he gets linked and we part ways with a wave.

"See you later Dani," Dante calls out over his shoulder not really giving me a chance to return the sentiment before he is gone. I hope things are ok, but nothing can dim my happy mood now.

Smiling I head back in, knowing full well I'm going to be questioned about it by Gramms.

DANTE

I'm on my way to get things going, having had both Kai and Dai questioning what I'm doing right now.

I'm ecstatic about the idea of getting to spend time with Dani one on one again.

It's like my feet have wings as I make short work of heading to my office not even needing to shift. The guys are there waiting for me when I get in. "Good you're both here," I say smiling and they look at each other.

"Ok now I know where you were this morning," Dai smirks.

"How was Dani and Granny Jo?" Kai asks and I smile.

"We are having a welcoming run tonight," I say sitting at my desk.

"That's good timing, not only is Dani new here I just heard Ellen and Wayne had their baby this morning."

"That's great what did she have? I know that they were waiting to see," I ask excited for them I know they had had some trouble conceiving.

"Its a boy, they named him Eddie," Dai says smiling.

"I'll have to go by and see them later, oh and tomorrow I'm gonna need you guys to keep the kids distracted for the day. Can you guys do that for me?" I ask trying not to seem too eager.

They both look at me and get these suspicious looks, then Dai starts smiling like a loon. "Oh my God you have a DATE!" He says laughing.

Kai looks at Dai then back at me coming to the same conclusion, "that's great man, but remember dont do anything. You dont know for sure if she's our Luna yet."

"Dude way to buzzkill!" Dai says hitting his brother.

"No I know he's right but I'm telling you guys I feel this pull. I've felt it since I met her. If I could know for sure right now that would be amazing. But since I have to wait two and a half more years I wont do anything funny. I would never hurt Dani like that." I say seriously, just the thought of her hurt makes my blood boil.

"So where are you taking her so we dont run into you guys on accident?" Dai asks wiggling his eyebrows.

"Why does that sound more like a threat than an I just don't want to bug you guys question?" I say giving him side eye.

"Because you're not stupid and know my idiot brother well enough," Kai smirks at Dai who glares back at him.

"Ok let's get to work," I say rolling my eyes.

An hour later all the preparations have been made and I sent out a pack wide message. "Those willing and able to go on a pack run meet in the backyard of the packhouse tonight. We have something to celebrate tonight, all pack members interested may join. I hope to see you all there."

Now if I had ANYONE I wanted to not give that message to it would be Jolene. I just hope she doesnt cause any trouble tonight. Seriously that girl gets on my nerves.

The rest of the day I try getting ahead of any pack business that is urgent so that I can have tomorrow off. Not that there wont be work to do, there will be. Running a pack is a constant challenge with never ending things that need to be seen to. Don't get me wrong its fulfilling work that I know I can handle. But sometimes I wish I still had times to just go back to being a teenager. Not having to worry about all of this yet, cause my dad had it handled.

Life unfortunately doesn't always go the way we plan, and here we are now. Who knows maybe if I hadn't had my life take this route who knows what it could be now? What if I hadn't been able to meet Dani? Whatever the reason for fate taking me down the road I'm on, it lead me to her and I'm eternally grateful.