Chapter Eight

Dante

We just had the last service, and I had a banquet set up for the pack to honor our fallen. So we could remember the good memories and begin to move forward.

"Dude, maybe we should have gotten two bouncy houses," Dai says handing me a can of soda.

"I had no idea it would be such a hit, I thought the kids would look at it and laugh," I say smiling.

"Did your siblings go in?" Dai asks looking around.

"Most of them, your mom is watching them. You're dad has Jj, she fell asleep. I was holding her but your dad told me to mingle." I say watching my pack members lift their sadness.

"Then why are you standing there just watching everyone?" Kai claps me on the back.

"Can't I just enjoy the moment." I ask.

"Sure but the girls are checking you out," Dai whispers to me but I don't care.

"Sorry but I feel nothing remotely romantic about them, they can look elsewhere." I shrugged not interested.

"Oh yeah Jagger said you like a girl from the Crimson Moonlight pack. So who is she again?" Kai asks, then I remember that he never met Dani.

"Her name is Dani, she's Ganny Jo's granddaughter. She just lost her parents so I don't know if she will stay there or come here yet." I say wanting to talk to her.

"You haven't talked to Granny Jo about it yet?" Dai looks at me surprised.

"She just lost her daughter and son in law, and is all Dani has left in blood relatives. They need time, it would be insensitive to encroach on them right now." I said walking over to the food.

Get the guys eating and they will forget what we were talking about. Or so I hope, it's crazy how much I miss Dani. I only just met her but I feel this pull towards her, it makes me wonder if she's my mate.

"I can't wait to meet her," Kai says and I growl involuntarily making them laugh at me. "Don't worry I have no intention of hitting on her," he smiles nudging me.

He better not or I'm gonna be so pissed. I'm in the middle of chewing a hamburger when Jolene, a girl whose had a crush on me since the third grade. Comes over to flirt with me, the only reason that she likes me though is because I'm the Alpha. She heard I was the Alpha's son and has been hounding my steps ever since.

"Get rid of her please," I link the guys since my mouth is full.

"Jolene let's go for a walk," Dai says picking her up and running away.

"NO PUT ME DOWN!!!" she yells as she bounces on his shoulder.

"Just tell her to leave you alone," Kai says watching the people around us.

"I did.. six times already, that girl is exhausting. Doesn't help that one of my siblings heard her admit that she would reject her mate to be with me. I feel bad for her mate if she does that. God I hope it's not any of us." I say with feeling.

"I still haven't found my mate yet, but I'm glad it's not her." Kai says.

Even if one of us isn't of age yet, the one who is should feel a pull towards the other. At least that's what my parents told me when I was young.

I wonder who Kai's mate will be, he hasn't said it but I know he's excited to meet them. He just turned eighteen yesterday, and with everything going on he opted not to have a party or anything. He just wanted us to hang out and have dinner with him.

My sisters still made him a cake though, with his mom's help. It was small but we had fun at my house.

"Dante.. Dante...," Peter came running up to me.

"What's the matter buddy?" I ask trying to calm him.

"Eric just threw up all over Jolene, Dai tossed her in the bouncy house and she landed on him," he pants.

"Let's go make sure he's ok," I say getting up.

"She said she was going to kill him!" Peter starts to hiccup.

"Dont worry buddy she doesn't really mean it and we wont let her anyway," Kai says picking him up as we rush to check on my brother.

"He's with Daisuke, he took him to the infirmary," Kai's dad catches us and we switch direction.

We get there and one of our doctors is looking him over. "Oh hello Alpha, don't worry your brother is fine." Doc Dove says helping him off the table.

"You're sure he is going to be fine?" I ask, I know I worry too much.

"Yes I heard about Jolene falling on him and after I examined him, I have concluded that she must have landed on his belly. He may feel a bit tender but he will be just fine. Should anything more concerning come up bring him on back," she says smiling.

"Jolene made me barf my hotdogs up," Eric pouts as he rubs his belly. "I dont like her!"

"I'm sorry buddy it's my fault she was in there," Dai says with remorse.

"Do you want to come hang out with me?" I ask him and he comes to me holding up his hands to be held. He hasn't done that for over a year, so he must be feeling horrible.

Lifting my brother up he rests his head on me shoulder and we head back outside.

"There's the little brat!" Jolene heads my way. "Alpha that little brat you're holding threw up all over my new clothes!" She whines like I would care.

"Jolene I heard you threatened my little brother after you made him vomit on you, after you landed on him," I say letting it sink in.

"Oh I didn't realize that was your brother," she says after a few seconds.

"That's because you only care about yourself," I say walking away from her, she's so annoying.

"I miss Granny Jo and Dani," Eric mumbles and I couldn't agree more.