Chapter twenty two

Dani

Before the door closes Kai and Dai's dad calls out that he will wait for us outside.

"He doesn't have to do that," Dante mumbles, but I can tell he actually appreciates that Kenji feels the need to act as a parental figure while at school.

It's probably because we're both orphans now. That we never expected to feel as if we would have a parental figure out there that gave a shit about moments like these, but both of us do. It will always have significance to us, how much we are truly loved. Or atleast that's how I feel about it.

"So you've both had an interesting morning even though the school day hasn't officially begun yet," our Headmistress says and I read the name plate on her desk, Elder Clementine.

"I'm sorry that talking it out wasn't enough but there are some things that I just cannot let slide," Dante says calmly but I can tell he's getting pissed off all over again.

"I was informed the other boy made the mistake of disrespecting and then also challenging you Alpha. Be that as it may in the future try not to break other students bones please," she says smiling.

The look on Dante's face is priceless, he even blushes and looks at me making me giggle.

"Miss -" she begins but I quickly speak up. "Please just call me Dani."

"Dani I'm sorry that your first day started out so rocky. From the accounts I heard of this morning's confrontation you know the boy?" She asks for confirmation.

"Yes ma'am, we both grew up in the Crimson Moonlight Pack, but several years ago Lucas Miller, the boy from this morning. He went abroad to train with a cousin of his who lives in a pack overseas. He used to be calmer, and had a somewhat sweet disposition." I say then glance at Dante hopeing he doesn't get mad.

He's already looking at me, at my uncertain look he give me a smile and takes my hand encouraging me to continue.

Sighing I turn back to Elder Clementine, "the Lucus I knew, would never had spoken to me like that. Let alone hurt his sister, first smacking her hand away, then dragged her by the hair. His actions more than anything caused her the most damage. You see she idolized her brother before, he was one of the first to recognize her as a warrior.
He was never like this before, I feel like he's a completely different person now. One even the old him would be ashamed of." I say sadly.

"This is most perplexing...yes well for the meantime do your best to stay away from him. I will try looking into the cause for his drastic changes, they dont bode well." She says with a pensive look.

"We already informed his Alpha and he said he would look into this aswell. Would you mind also keeping me informed about this matter or I can have my people look into this as well. Who knows we all may find out things the others miss," Dante says with a slight smirk.

"You are welcome to do as you see fit Alpha, however now is not the time," she says just as a bell rings. "I will write passes for you both so you are not marked as late."

She pulls out some slips and scribbles a note on both the finishes with a flourish as she signs them.

"Here you go, and remember steer clear of that boy the best you can," she says more to Dante then me.

"Thankyou ma'am," we both say as we stand.

Kenji true to his word is waiting for the both of us outside the office. "What did the headmistress say?" He asks as he begins leading us to our classes.

"I'll tell you later right now we need to get to class but I also have a job for you Kenji." Dante says looking at him, I can see they are mind linking as we walk.

"Understood Alpha, I will get you results as soon as possible, for now here is miss Dani's Class." He says jestering to the door next to him.
I was so focused on their non conversation I didn't realize we were here already.

"Thankyou for walking me," I say to Kenji who nods. Dante turns me to him and kisses me softly.

"Have fun in class I'll see you later, Dai will escort you to your classes just to be on the safe side. His are the closest to yours and some are even the same so it works," he says but I can tell he wishes he could be the one with me.

I kiss his scowl making him smile.

"Ahem" Kenji gives us a pointed look making us laugh.

I head into class trying not to be self conscious about the stares. I hand over my note to my teacher who then asks me to take a seat.

Theres one available and it's by some guy whose legit snoring, and a girl with bright green hair.

By the end of class I learned five things: first the guy (Jake Griffin) works as pack border patrol for his pack and he pulled an all nighter.
Second the girl's name is Meadow Winters and she's smart but humble. She also has a pet crow named Mr Cawley.
Third our teacher is actually really nice, his name is Mr. Brown and he is in the same pack as Jake, so he let him sleep.
Fourth everyone saw what happened this morning and expected me to be stuck up. So some of the other girls started glaring at me.
And finally once they learned how I lost my parents, and that I wasn't someone who likes treating others like crap. They began being nice to me, it probably doesn't hurt that Jake woke up and said how he thinks I'm a good person and he has a good nose for these things.