3.7 The Bite

Star began to hear fireworks as Eleven explained what had happened to her.

"He said he was building something." El explained. "That it was all for me."

"Building something..." Max muttered. "Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be." Nancy stated.

"So like we thought, he is building an army of sorts." Star sighed.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike stated.

"He's building it to stop Eleven." Will added.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike guessed.

"Like royally." Lucas agreed.

"And now the Mind Flayer knows that she's the only thing that can stop him." Mike explained. "But if she's put of the way–"

"Then game over." Star finished, making the noise that is heard when pacman dies.

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you." El added.

"Yeah, well, that's nice." Max said sarcastically.

Star could hear a faint screeching noise, and watched as Nancy walked over to the window. "Do you guys hear that?" Nancy asked.

"It's just the fireworks." Jonathan dismissed.

"Billy... when he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy asked. El nodded.

"He knows we're here." Will stated, making Star snap her head towards the window.

They got up and walked outside, Star watching as the fireworks boomed. She then saw the trees rustle and a giant figure approaching. The Mind Flayer.

They ran back inside and began to secure the house as Nancy got a shotgun and Jonathan got an axe.

Star helped Max cover up a window, and stood back. "Hey, get away from the windows." Nancy instructed.

They all moved to the centre of the room, waiting for something to happen. Star breathed slowly, making sure her inhaler was safe.

Star's breathing fastened slightly as she heard rumbling and plates banging against one another.

"It's close." Will warned. Star heard a branch snap and flinched as glass shattered.

"Where'd it go?" Max asked as it became quiet outside.

Star screamed as one of the arms burst through the wall, everyone moving backwards. Jonathan hit it with the axe as El stood infront of her friends.