3.8 The Battle of Starcourt

Eleven continued to scream in pain, the thing moving in her leg, Star wincing at the sight.

"What is that?" Erica questioned.

"There's something in there." Mike stated as her flesh made a sizzling noise.

"Jesus christ." Dustin muttered as Star gulped.

"Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan instructed before running off.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake, stay awake. Let's get her on this side, this side." Mike said and they moved her carefully so she would lay on Mike.

"Easy, Easy." Steve muttered.

"You know, it's not actually that bad. There was a... the goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane." Robin rambled.

"Robin." Steve said.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"You're not helping." Steve told her as Star saw Jonathan running over.

"I'm sorry." She apologised.

"Okay, alright, El? This is gonna hurt like hell okay?" Jonathan warned.

"Okay." Eleven sobbed.

"I need you to stay real still. Here, you're gonna wanna bite down on this." Jonathan said putting on a glove, handing her a spoon. They put it in her mouth and she bit it.

Jonathan moved the heated knife towards her leg, Star unsure if she could watch what was about to happen.

"Do it." Mike stated.

Eleven screamed as Jonathan cut into her flesh. Star gulped, holding onto Max's hand. Eleven screeched in pain as Jonathan put his hand inside her leg, Star gagging at the sight.

"Jonathan!" Nancy exclaimed as Eleven whimpered.

"Stop talking." Jonathan told them.

"No! Stop it!" Eleven yelled. "Stop! Stop!" Jonathan stopped, sitting back. "I can do it. I can do it."

They helped Eleven sit up, she held out her hand and began to pull it. Eleven wailed, making Star's tears fall. Eleven screamed as she moved it.

Eleven's scream was so loud, she broke the glass of the shop. Star pulled Max close to her, trying to avoid the broken bits.

Eleven managed to get it out, flinging it across the room. Star watched as it was squished, relieved to see Joyce and Hopper. And a third guy.

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike explained.

"And it almost did, that was just a tiny piece of it." Nancy added.