4.2 Vecna's Curse

Star sat next to Dustin as she watched the news with her mother. Someone had been murdered in the trailer park. More specifically Eddie's home.

"My heart just can't take it anymore. It just can't take it." Claudia said, kissing the cat.

The doorbell rung and Dustin got up to answer it, Star suprised when she saw Max enter her house.

They went to Dustin's room and Max explained what she had seen as she now lived at the trailer park.

"Chrissy Cunningham?" Star chuckled.

"You sure it was Chrissy?" Dustin asked as he paced.

"Yes, in her cheerleader outfit. Same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie." Max explained.

"Did you tell this to the cops?" Dustin questioned.

"No." Max replied as Star sat on her brothers bed. "No, but I can't be the only one who saw them together. I mean, they stood out."

"Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader." Star contemplated.

"Exactly. You know, his name's not on the news yet or anything, but I guarantee you Eddie is suspect number one right now." Max explained.

"That's crazy." Star and Dustin stated.

"Eddie didn't do this." Dustin told her.

"There is no way in hell, it was him." Star agreed, she then saw Max's face. "No way."

"We can't rule it out." Max stated.

"Yes, we can." Dustin argued.

"Dustin!" Max exclaimed.

"You don't know him like us, okay? I'm telling you, he's innocent." Star insisted, feeling awkward to be having a proper conversation with the girl.

"When we got to high school, Lucas made all his sports friends. Mike, me and Star? I mean, no one was nice to us." Dustin explained, Star watching Max's reactions. "No one except Eddie."

"Okay. Well, they said the same shit about Ted Bundy." Max retorted and Star's eyes widened. "Yeah, he's a super nice guy, but then he's murdering women on the weekend."

"So you're comparing Eddie to Ted Bundy?" Star scoffed.

"No, I'm not saying- I'm saying that we can't presume anything, okay?" Max defended. "But it doesn't look good for Eddie."

Star fell back on the bed, Dustin plopping on it, Star groaned and sat up. Max sighed.

"Why haven't you told the cops this?" Dustin questioned.