4.4 Dear Billy

Max gasped, lerching forwards slightly making them jump. She shot up into the hallway the others following.

Robin and Nancy ran down the hall, and Star gave Max a questioning and worried look.

"I saw and heard a a grandfather c-clock and i followed the noise out here and it was here." Max stated, pointing her flashlight to the wall. "It was here. Right here."

"A grandfather clock?" Nancy asked.

"It was so real." Max told them. "And then when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up."

"It was like she was in a trance or something." Dustin added as Star looked at the girl in worry.

"Exactly what Eddie explained happened to Chrissy." Star whispered sadly.

"That's not even the bad part." Max admitted. She motioned for them to follow her and they went back in the office and Max shared what she had found.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms Kelley for help. They both were having headaches." Max explained as Robin looked at a file whilst Star fidgeted. "Bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then... then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things."

"Bad things." Max stated. "From their past. These visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended."

"Vecna's curse." Robin commented.

"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days." Max admitted and Star felt her heart snap. Max couldn't be next. She just couldn't be. "I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less then twenty four hours after their first vision."

"And I just saw that Goddamn clock, so..." Max sniffled, Star holding back her own tears at the thought of losing the girl. "Looks like I'm gonna die tommorrow."

Suddenly there was a distant clanging noise, making Star flinch and turn towards the hallway.

"Stay here." Steve instructed. Steve stopped before leaving the room, pulling a lamp out from its socket to use as a weapon.

"What's with the lame weapons this year?" Star wondered quietly.

Despite what Steve told them, Dustin followed Steve out. Star followed, one of the last ones as she tried to stick by Max. Star heard footsteps begin to approach them.

Everyone yelled as the person ran around the corner, Steve holding up the lamp. He then put it down when he saw Lucas.

"It's me!" Lucas exclaimed as he panted.

"Lucas?" Nancy asked.

"It's me." He repeated.

"Jesus, what's wrong with you Sinclair?" Steve asked in annoyance.

"I'm sorry." Lucas panted.

"I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Steve exclaimed.

"Sorry, guys. Sorry." Lucas repeated.

"I was... I was for 8 miles." Lucas explained trying to get oxygen into his lungs. Star stepped forward, throwing him her spare inhaler.

"You may not have asthma, but you look like you need it." Star shrugged.