53- Clearing

We were all at Liam and Sophia's house for dinner to celebrate me and Harry. I had been living with Harry for close to 6 months now and things have been great.

Jaden loved UCLA and her soccer team and Brenna finally had her baby, a daughter she named Hayden to honor me and Jaden, her best friends. Her and Dave actually married and moved to Colorado and opened up a few businesses with the help of Dave's dad. I was so proud of both of them, though I couldn't help but feel jealous at their lives.

Both of them had progressed since high school and left me behind. I only had a few college credits underneath my belt and no clear future. And as much as I like to tell people that I don't care about that stuff and like to just live day by day, I found myself wondering again about how things would play out for Harry and I.

Harry and I had been looking at different houses within the neighborhood to further expand. He wanted a bigger property so we had space to build and add later on. Mainly, he wanted to have a secret exit and safe area under ground for his assets.

He just signed the papers today and we were all together to commemorate it. Sophia and Liam made dinner for us. Gigi and Zayn had adopted Natalia's twins since Natalia was no longer in the picture. Neither was Sarah. Caroline was also no longer with affiliated with Harry, she knew why he did what he did but she couldn't be around us anymore.

Even with the loss of a few members, they were doing great. A few stories were run about me and Harry from ridiculous sources but nothing crazy. Seth told me that my mom got approached to write a book about our relationship but she turned it down.

"With this new house hazza, you'll beat Niall in house size." Louis said and raised his glass of whiskey and winked at Niall.

"No, I doubt Niall will let that slide. He should buy something three times as large." Harry said. Niall rolled his eyes.

"You lot are just jealous because I have more money to spend on myself because I don't do serious relationships anymore." Niall bragged.

"Yes Niall, you're the most handsome and sought after bachelor in the entire world. Too bad no one knows what you're saying half the time because of your horrible Irish accent." Zayn said. We all laughed and Niall made a face.

"I'll have a few guys over tomorrow to load a few things up for you Hunter, and they'll get some of the stuff over there." Liam said to me from across the table. I nodded to him.

"I have a few ideas for the furnishings too. I'll send you the Pinterest pictures and when it gets closer to move in time, we can go shopping." Sophia said.

"Thanks so much for doing the interior. I genuinely have no vision for that stuff." I said.

"She really doesn't. Her old house looked like shit." Harry said as he shoveled food in his mouth. I elbowed him and squinted at him.

"No it didn't and that still wasn't me, that was my mom." I said. I didn't think my house looked bad. Everyone laughed again.

"Shut up Harry, it was cute, not everyone likes the plain black and white patterns you do." Sophia said.

"It's classic, you can't go wrong with that scheme." He defended.

"It's boring." Liam said.

"Whoa, this isn't judge Harry's house. Lay off my style." Harry said playfully. We continued to eat dinner. Liam got a call on his phone. He nonchalantly checked the ID and it looked like he didn't intend to take it but after considering he picked it up and answered at the table. He turned his head to listen.

"What is it?" He asked covering his ear that was towards us at the table. Everyone else continued to talk but I focused on on Liam. His chewing stopped and his jaw tightened.

"Uh, um, ok, what-uh what do they have?" He asked. Sophia turned to Liam and everyone slowly stopped talking to listen too.

"Shit, um okay, I'll let him know. Thanks for calling." Liam said and hung up. Everyone looked concerned. Liam turned to face us and looked at Harry but didn't say anything.

"What?" Gigi said effectively breaking the silence.

"That was a friend of ours with the feds. He called saying they are launching an official investigation in the murder of Erica Kohls and Harry and Lou are the ones they're going after." Liam said.

"But it wasn't them!" I said. Harry put his hand on my knee and tried to stop me from shouting.

"Call him back and tell them it was Laurel and Alexandra Theriot from the Authority." I said to Harry.

Harry looked at me and shook his head.

"There's a reason he didn't, the feds won't want a name without evidence and I'm not comfortable with the world knowing what happened to you. They also obviously have something that's pointing to us." He said to me.

"Harry, they have someone whose claiming that Erica said it was you." Liam said.

"Who?" I asked. Liam frowned and had sad eyes when he looked to me.

"Your mother." He said.