29-Jadens advice

"I'm so late!" I said into the phone to Brenna. I struggled to put on my dry shirt on my wet body. I had just got of the quickest shower of my life. I woke up late and now had to rush to get ready.

"Do you want me to come pick you up?" Brenna asked.

"No, I don't want you to be late too." I said fumbling with my pants.

"I only have one tardy." She said.

"No, no. Its fine. I think if I keep my pace up I'll make it. I just want to save my tardys for when I'm doing something important." I told her.

"Just let me pick you up then!" Brenna said.

"No I can make it!" I said putting on my shoes and running down stairs to get breakfast. I grabbed a pop tart and a bottle of orange juice and headed for the door, not bothering with brushing my wet hair.

I grabbed my keys from the shelf and went out the door in a hurry because I was late.

When I opened the front door and saw Brenna's car parked on the curb outside. Then I saw Jaden get out from the car and go up to my car on the passengers side.

I stared at her for a few seconds and then she motioned to the keys.

"Um, do you wanna be late?" She asked with her typical sass. I unlocked the car and we both got in. Brenna drove off and I followed soon after.

Jaden and I sat in the car silent waiting for one to talk first. It was Jaden.

"I'm sorry for overreacting." She said.

"I'm sorry for quitting." I said. She turned at me and smiled.

"But my actions weren't because I was mad...well they were at first, but then I just didn't know how to tell you this." She said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Its about your boyfriend." She said. I took my eyes off the road when we came to a stoplight.

"Harry's not my boyfriend." I said smiling at her.

"Oh, well then, your creepy older man lover." She said looking disappointed. I laughed.

"What about him?" I asked and continued to drive.

"I think you need to break up with him or stop seeing him." Jaden said with worry in her eyes.

"Why?" I asked giving her a weird look. She returned the look.

"Because this is not a smart relationship. What if he hits you? What are you gonna do?" She said raising her voice.

"Dude what are you talking about? He's never done that!" I said lightly.

"That doesn't mean he won't." She said.

"Your right that doesn't mean he won't. But I know he won't." I said calmly. This conversation was stupid. But I intended to amuse Jaden. I was just so happy she was at least talking to me.

"And what if he does?" She asked.

"Then I wouldn't see him anymore." I said plainly.

"Would you?!" Jaden said with disbelief.

"Where did this come from?" I asked her.

"Its just, he seems controlling. Like, why would he just let you quit soccer?" She said.

"That was my decision." I stated.

"Did he influence it?" Jaden asked.

"I wasn't getting anywhere with soccer. I wasn't that good at it. I'm not trying to get a scholarship. It just took up my free time." I said stating the facts.