48- If Only

Harry's POV

We regrouped at Nialls place. We were all fired up because not only was this an attack on Hunter, it was an insult to all of us. I had to remain strong. I had an image to uphold. It was my fault for becoming weak and falling I love with someone. I had to lead my men and let them know, we don't let insults or retaliation slide.

First I had some men go down to find out who the "sources" were for the article about me and Hunter. That stuff wasn't just made up, someone talked and we had to figure it out and handle them.

Then I had Liam take half the men and light up the different sub regions that were under different controls. I had this city but certain areas were loyal to different gangs. I had to start pulling teeth to figure out who might have Hunter.

He went into the regions where the Theriot's had control as well as some other not so friendly gang controlled areas. He found out from this corner store manager who has been doing business with the Theriot's that this had been planned since Hunter and I first kissed and that picture leaked. Someone had always been following but waiting for the right time to strike since it was clear I cared for her. When asked how he knew, he all of a sudden didn't want to talk, but Liam had a few tricks up his sleeve and managed him to open up.

He held the weapons used to bust into our meeting that one time, apparently the main goal wasn't to kill me and Liam it was actually to kill Sophia and Hunter. Which obviously made Liam mad so the guy lost a few fingernails. A little unwarranted since the guy didn't give the orders but understandable. He didn't know who took her because he hasn't had any orders for storage for weeks.

We had no real leads with finding Hunter. So unfortunately, I had to call in my last few favors with the police to help get more clues. They searched for fingerprints in her car but as expected there was none. They did figure out how she was taken though.

They found camera footage from the back of the mall of Hunter driving to the back on her own. And then there's footage of Hunter being dragged from the car and head getting smashed into her car before they knock her out and take her to a different lot with no cameras. It was 3 people in all black and in baseball caps but because of the shitty camera quality and the fact it wasn't really positioned to be on her car it was actually posted on the back entrance to a store we had no way of figuring out if it was 3 men or women or where they went to.

I was sad and scared but I let all of those feeling turn to complete anger. I felt trapped. I didn't know where to even start to look for her. I don't even know if she was even in the same city anymore. If they were smart, which they must be, they would've taken her somewhere I didn't have control of to find her.

I called in every single favor I had to everyone I knew. I had people at borders looking for her and even had to settle some agreements with other gangs to get their cooperation to help.

The boys left the women and children here at Nialls where it was safe. Everyone was afraid that the same would happen with them. Nialls house was the biggest but it wasn't enough to house 40+ people. They quadrupled up on rooms to try to fit everyone in and keep them away from the study which is where we were.

We hadn't yet received any word or demands from hunters captors and we began to worry they were just gonna kill her and be done with it.

"Harry, I need to have a word with you." Sophia was in the door way. I didn't really want to talk to her but I kind of had to since Liam was right here. I stood up and followed her. As soon as I closed the door she shoved me. I was taken aback, not because she actually knocked me over but because of the fact she put her hands on me.

"What?" I asked her, standing firm in case she was gonna throw anything else at me.

"Maybe if Hunter was told that there was a hit out on her this wouldn't of happened!" She said. I stared back. Obviously I had already thought of that.

"You have let this girl be blind! You don't tell her any of the things going on so she doesn't really understand the danger that we are in all the time! She's smart and everything, but she's still a LITTLE GIRL that is now gone because of people want to get back at YOU! You had people watching her, yet you still managed to lose her?! Had you just come clean, she wouldn't of just left the house on her own and she would be here and with us now!" Sophia yelled as she kept pounding and shoving at my chest in frustration. I truly couldn't get mad because I wanted to do the same to me as well. I hate myself right now. I continued to listen because I deserved it. It really was my fault. I nodded to her. Sophia began to cry.

"You let this happen! If she dies, it will be on you. Because I told her about it. Even against you and liams wishes I still told her because I wanted her to be safe! Maybe she didn't take me seriously maybe she did. But it would've meant more if you had told her! If you ever find her, you better treat her different. Otherwise I will tell her that you want to keep her in the dark and not make her an equal to you!" She said and turned on her heal and stormed away. I heard Gigi ask her what happened and then they both began whispering.

For some reason I pictured Hunter walking into Louis party for the first time. If only she didn't come or I didn't go. If only I had been more drunk and we didn't play that stupid spin the bottle game, she would be safe. I took a deep breath and went back in the study. Everyone continued to talk but I wasnt listening. Every single one of my dipshit men are useless.

I tell them I want eyes on Hunter all the time and they loose her. I tell them to find her and they can't. I really want to shoot them in the eyes because they obviously don't use them.

Liam must've seen my face and how I was staring at my incompetent men and patted me on the back.

"Haz, why don't you take a breather. I'll take the lead." He said. I nodded and left to go to my room.

Once I went was in I sat at the edge of my bed and stared at my comforter. Hunter should be under the covers in her T-shirt and shorts that barely cover her ass cheeks and some socks because she doesn't like to be barefoot that much. She should have her wavy dirty blonde hair in a bun with her hazel eyes sparkling because I made her laugh. I leaned back on the bed and covered my face with my hands.

Where in the world is Hunter Kohls?

I kept my eyes closed because I could see her. I knew that if I find her, I will take her away somewhere we can be safe. I'll take her anywhere she wants and we will live there, together. I don't ever want her to leave my side. I need her here with me.

I thought about my proposal, and even though she said no and it hurt I knew she still enjoyed it. I would gladly do it again if she wanted me to. I still have the ring in my nightstand at my house for when she wants it.

A million possibilities went through my mind of different outcomes that could've happened had things been different. If we weren't us.

If I was just a man who moved here from England who worked a normal 9-5 job and if she was just a normal girl whose mother and father weren't constantly on TV. If we had met in a normal setting like in a resturant, a grocery store, school, or bar would we have felt the same electricity from the start. If I was younger or she was older would it be the perfect love story? Would we have the white picket fence with kids running around? Or would we be in the exact same situation that we were, not really dating but not seeing anyone else?

I love her. I knew what I had to do if- no- WHEN I find her.