What Did You Do?

AAH!

Mike's pov

Mike - Did you hear that?

Will - Do you think...

- Cmon!

Me and Will run towards the sound of the scream. El is standing with our backs turned to us, but I can see she's holding a roller skate in her hand. Angela is on the floor and, yeah. Her face is pretty fucked up.

- What did you do?- I ask, even though it's pretty clear what happened here. - Eleven, what did you do?! She's bleeding!

This shouldn't be happening right now. This is bullshit, oh my God! This day is being awful. El shouldn't have done this. She's not usually this violent, is she?

" goodbye Mike "

Oh... Yeah, but those people were bad! They were mean to her.

Just like... Angela was...

- El... Why did you do that? What were you thinking?- I ask again. No reply.

El only stands there as people start crowding around to check on the girl she just smacked on the head with a roller skater. Goddamn.

--------------------//--------------//--------------------

Will's POV

This isn't supposed to be happening. Oh God, this isn't happening, right? Shit, everyone is staring at us.

It doesn't make sense that people want to help this girl out but no one did anything when El was being bullied.

She looks so... Angry. I guess I should've known she'd fight back. I wish I could help her somehow but I've never really been in this situation.

You've always been too much of a pussy to do anything, huh?

I shake my head of the thought. Now is not the time. I need to make sure El is all right.

I put my hand on her shoulder, and she flinches.

-Hey, El? Let's sit down, okay? - I try to redirect her with a soft voice, looking over my shoulder to Mike. He was already looking towards us.

-I, uh - He starts, snapping out of his freaked-out daze. - I'll go check if Jonathan is here yet.- he says, then whispers, - Dont leave her side, okay?

As I walk towards the booth with Jane, she looks away. I wonder what she's thinking about right now. I can't tell, since her face turned more so expressionless.

- El? Are you OK?

Silence.

- Do you need something?

Deafening silence.

-Johnathan is almost here to take us home.

A tear rolls down her face. I guess she really did want today to be perfect. I did too.

- There will be more days, you know? We still have a whole week before Mike leaves. There's still a lot that we can do-

- They're here! - Mike yells from a distance, running towards us. Everyone is still looking, but no one is saying nothing - out loud, at least. There's a lot of whispering.

--------------------//---------------//-------------------

Argyle - Look, dude, it could've been way worse. Uhh... It could've been an ice-skating Rink!

Johnathan - Woahhhh she would've sliced her nose right off!

Argyle - Duuuuude.

Mike - That's not funny. She got really hurt.

El, who had been staring at the floor of the van the whole time, lifted her head instantly when she heard what Mike said. Everyone definitely could feel the tension when she gave Mike a death stare, because we all shut up.

When we got home, things weren't any less awkward. I went to the kitchen looking for mom, but a different figure turned around.

- Hi Murray. - Said Stoned Johnathan.

- Well, well, aren't you guys a sight for sore eyes? Ya kids like risotto?

---------------------//--------------//-------------------

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote!